Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/)
-   -   New Member needing help! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f203/new-member-needing-help-19919.html)

bigukcatfan 03-07-2011 10:40 PM

New Member needing help!

I just bought a 1999 Grand Cherokee. The problem I am having is the passenger side windows will not roll down, the doors will not lock on that side or the drivers side back or in the very back, also the mirror will not adjust on the passenger side but will on the drivers side. Anyone have any suggestions? Could it all be caused by the same problem?

Frango100 03-08-2011 07:59 AM

Re: New Member needing help!

Welcome to the garage. The WJ can have problems with the wiring in the rubber door boot. It happened to me on the drivers side and i have heard of many others.
Just loosen the boot from the door side and have a look for any broken wire inside. The problem is that some of the wires are quite thick and very rigid, making them prone to break after many times being flexed.

bigukcatfan 03-08-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frango100 (Post 371346)
Welcome to the garage. The WJ can have problems with the wiring in the rubber door boot. It happened to me on the drivers side and i have heard of many others.
Just loosen the boot from the door side and have a look for any broken wire inside. The problem is that some of the wires are quite thick and very rigid, making them prone to break after many times being flexed.

thank you! that was the problem!

Scottina06 03-08-2011 07:43 PM

awesome! I see you are in Richmond.....I am 10 minutes from you in Berea!

bigukcatfan 03-08-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 371869)
awesome! I see you are in Richmond.....I am 10 minutes from you in Berea!

Yep! We are friends on facebook! One of your posts brought me here!

bigukcatfan 03-08-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frango100 (Post 371346)

I done what you said the thick black wire was broke. I went to Lowes and got 2 feet of 12 gauge wire and spliced in a 6" or so piece put wire nuts on and black tape! Fixed all my problems at one time and cost was less than $5.:)

Marlin 03-08-2011 08:37 PM

Great result!

Slaps on backs all 'round :D

Scottina06 03-08-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigukcatfan (Post 371907)
Yep! We are friends on facebook! One of your posts brought me here!

awesome! How cool is that! Great to have ya! We'll have to meet up sometime! John Totty is in Winchester too. Ive been helping him with an SRt conversion.....and theres a couple SRT guys here in Berea that I meet up with too.

bigukcatfan 03-09-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 371980)
awesome! How cool is that! Great to have ya! We'll have to meet up sometime! John Totty is in Winchester too. Ive been helping him with an SRt conversion.....and theres a couple SRT guys here in Berea that I meet up with too.

Sounds good!

mrjaydeeone 03-10-2011 02:59 PM

Welcome to JeepGarage, glad you got the problem resolved

Skillers Inc 03-10-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 371980)

I'm glad to see a lot of the people here are Kentucky guys. I live just west of louisville, we should get a jeep ride together or something.

Scottina06 03-10-2011 08:09 PM

yes we should!