Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Trail Rated??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/trail-rated-1996.html)

snewt22 08-10-2009 06:03 PM

Trail Rated???

I just purchased a 2006 Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7 and guys I LOVE IT! Ive been wanting a Jeep for so long its not funny, my dad totalled my 2005 Scion Xb last week and I immediatly started looking for jeeps! The plan was to pay the Scion off and get a 4 door wrangler but since I couldnt I settled for the Grand Cherokee. Its Silver with matching door handles, Leather Jeep embroidered seats, Navi, Rear Dvd system, sunroof, The works! BUT I noticed it didnt have the Trail rated emblem on it. Is it still good to go for offroad things? Or is does it not have the capability others have?

05wkguy 08-10-2009 06:10 PM

Re: Trail Rated???

First of all,welcome! and hey from another v-6'er. The GC's won't have the trail rated badge unless they at least have a low-range for the transfer case. Unfortunately that is not available on the v-6 models,only the v-8 equipped. It doesn't mean you can't offroad,it just means there may be the odd rock-crawling situation that you may not do well in.

Hope you enjoy the truck!

Marlin 08-10-2009 06:13 PM

Welcome aboard buddy, and yeah, exactly what he ^^^^^^ said :)

snewt22 08-10-2009 06:20 PM

Gotcha,.... I really dont care, A Jeep is a Jeep, and I now own one....cant be happier! Ill have pics up soon, any good ideas on what upgrades to put on it, to help performance or looks? anything would help

Dylans3960ccs 08-10-2009 07:02 PM

Hay!, what are you implying?!

haha j/k :)

05wkguy 08-10-2009 07:25 PM

Spend a few hours searchin around on this site,you'll find tons of ideas.

Scottina06 08-10-2009 08:30 PM

there are a very limited amount of V6's with 4lo...but they are rare and had to be ordered that way. If you had 4lo.....there will be a chrome T-handle to the right of your shifter.

NHWK05 08-10-2009 08:33 PM

What kind of mods are you looking for? street jeep or trail jeep mods. You will find more street stuff here but we do have our Off roaders (i am an x off roader convert)

DAVY27 08-10-2009 08:38 PM

welcome bro. O yea, another 3.7!!!

snewt22 08-10-2009 09:22 PM

Prob more along the street look but I still want to be able to go offroad if I chose, Ive seen some nice running boards along with some halo projectors....I still need to tint the windows.....Other than that, enlighten me

NHWK05 08-10-2009 09:29 PM

You can get alot of the factory parts like mopar molded running boards and body kits and other things from justforjeeps.com. Check out our vendor section for our other amazing vendors we have on here for HID conversion kits (non projector style) vinyl lettering and decal work, electronics and all other kinds of vendors.

The SRT8 sway bars front and rear are great handeling upgrades, if you want new shocks but Bilstein shocks, they will get rid of the floating that wks do on the highway over bumps, 15 to 20% tint up front will match rear well.

B.P.O.D 08-11-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05wkguy (Post 45526)
First of all,welcome! and hey from another v-6'er. The GC's won't have the trail rated badge unless they at least have a low-range for the transfer case. Unfortunately that is not available on the v-6 models,only the v-8 equipped. It doesn't mean you can't offroad,it just means there may be the odd rock-crawling situation that you may not do well in.

Hope you enjoy the truck!

that is true! i have an 08 v6 3.7 and i do not have a trail rated badge:thumbsup: