Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Is it possible to be in D1 status without an estimated delivery date? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/is-it-possible-to-be-in-d1-status-without-an-estimated-delivery-date-20009.html)

Toelkes1 03-09-2011 03:46 PM

Is it possible to be in D1 status without an estimated delivery date?

I just called the Chrysler hotline and they told me that my new jeep is in D1 status, but it does not have an estimated delivery date. Milous still has it in D status, and I have not seen any move to D1 without an estimated delivery date. Am I being misled?

joebinotto 03-09-2011 03:59 PM

Re: Is it possible to be in D1 status without an estimated delivery date?

The hotline really don't understand the codes. If they can't provide a shipment date, you are not in D1.

Toelkes1 03-09-2011 04:06 PM

Thanks, joebinotto. That's what I thought, but had hoped I was in some transitional D.5 status or something...:lol:

Dan JGC 03-09-2011 04:07 PM

Regarding ordered vehicles, Jeep hotline is only good for:

(1) If you have a VON and your VIN was assigned they can look up your VIN for you.

(2) They can tell you what components are going into the vehicle such as 430N or 730N definitively once it goes D1.

They don't really know what exactly the system means on their end, their system is not update in real time, they can't tell you anything once it goes KZ....etc....

Dan JGC 03-09-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toelkes1 (Post 372527)
Thanks, joebinotto. That's what I thought, but had hoped I was in some transitional D.5 status or something...:lol:

Yep....I got in that trap too. It is at least progress in some sense. But D.5 doesn't get you the est date....only D1....and then it's a wait until the coveted "I".....then KZ and watching the new vehicle sit for weeks trying to get from there to you.

Honestly, I'd much rather just fly up to Detroit and pick up for a road trip back home....esp would be true if they waived the $780 destination fee.

Milous 03-09-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toelkes1 (Post 372514)
I just called the Chrysler hotline and they told me that my new jeep is in D1 status, but it does not have an estimated delivery date. Milous still has it in D status, and I have not seen any move to D1 without an estimated delivery date. Am I being misled?

Estimated delivery dates usually show up on the computer system, but sometimes they do not, for unknown reasons. My tracking still shows you in D status.

MikeD 03-09-2011 04:37 PM

I was told by the hotline that I was Gateline which is D1 but the dealer and Milous show just D status, I believe the latter.

Dan JGC 03-09-2011 04:51 PM

MikeD --- you are in the D.5 status netherworld. Been there, done that. Official D1 is where things are serious but at least the "D.5" is solid progress... I'm in KZ "in transit" purgatory now....