Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   intake question! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/intake-question-20027.html)

psychojeepers 03-09-2011 06:47 PM

intake question!

is there a difference between the 2005 laredo and limiteds intake????

White Chocolate 03-09-2011 07:13 PM

Re: intake question!

yes

depends on what engine you have..

Chaoul1 03-09-2011 08:13 PM

You have a 4.7L. So you can only get Intakes that Fit 05-07 4.7L's!!! In 08' They changed the 4.7L up a bit!

psychojeepers 03-09-2011 08:24 PM

yea i have the 4.7L V8... what about the airaid intake tube would that make a difference??? im askin cuz i miss read and it said its for a 2005 limited haha...

wkthursty 03-09-2011 09:38 PM

every engine is completely different in regard to intakes. the 3.7, 4.7 and 5.7 all end up in different spots. what is that tube made of? is it just routing it to the stock air box and depleting the air resonator.

psychojeepers 03-09-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkthursty (Post 372716)
every engine is completely different in regard to intakes. the 3.7, 4.7 and 5.7 all end up in different spots. what is that tube made of? is it just routing it to the stock air box and depleting the air resonator.

yes it just runs from the TB to the stock airbox gettin rid of the resonator....

brunality 03-10-2011 03:02 PM

I have the same question for my 05 5.7. I'm looking at getting just the modular intake tube and using it with the drop-in K&N I already have. I've read that DiabloSport doesn't even make a tune for stock SUV Hemi's with just a CAI since they do not deliver any more air than the factory intake.

What I'm really wondering, is how does it sound? I like a smooth CAI growl and I HATE the giant resonator taking up all that space.

I do plan on getting a Magnaflow catback down the road and just maybe trying the 180* Jet thermostat. Anyone out there know how that all works out?

psychojeepers 03-11-2011 09:53 AM

yea i see now haha sux they dont seem to make just an intake tube for the 4.7L

ChrisWk 03-11-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brunality (Post 373235)
I have the same question for my 05 5.7. I'm looking at getting just the modular intake tube and using it with the drop-in K&N I already have. I've read that DiabloSport doesn't even make a tune for stock SUV Hemi's with just a CAI since they do not deliver any more air than the factory intake.

What I'm really wondering, is how does it sound? I like a smooth CAI growl and I HATE the giant resonator taking up all that space.

I do plan on getting a Magnaflow catback down the road and just maybe trying the 180* Jet thermostat. Anyone out there know how that all works out?

Hey airaid makes a tube you put on the tb to the air box I had one on my hemi engine worked great not to loud. Do the tsat at the same time I got the jet 180 works great.

brunality 03-18-2011 09:13 AM

Got the Airaid M.I.T. and Jet 180* tstat installed the other day. I'm pleased with it. I feel like the tstat made more of a difference than the tube did, but I like the look of the tube in place of that giant, ugly resonator.
There is a slightly deeper tone to the intake, but without modifying the stock air box, it is hardly noticeable. It sounds more like it should have from the factory.
My only issue (which I had seen during research also) is that the grommet they send with the intake tube for the air temp sensor is too tight. I had to trim more than I liked out to make the sensor fit snug, even now i feel like a real good jolt could knock it loose. Has anyone came up with a true fix?