Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Rain Sensing Wipers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/rain-sensing-wipers-20040.html)

jwojcins 03-09-2011 11:02 PM

Rain Sensing Wipers

Is anyone else frustrated at the performance of the rain sensing wipers? In a drizzle, they activate too slowly. When a random drop falls from an overhead bridge or building, there is no response. My last car was on 07 WK and the algorithm that dictated wiper performance was flawless. Maybe I'm being too sensitive but I wish they worked as well as the last JGC!

mjw930 03-09-2011 11:08 PM

Re: Rain Sensing Wipers

The sensitivity can be adjusted, there are 5 settings. Sounds like you have it set to the lowest setting. Mine work about the same as they did on my Touareg, Cayenne and Volvo.

jwojcins 03-09-2011 11:16 PM

I am definitely not on the wrong sensitivity. I have it on the highest sensitivity (just below the first high speed setting). The dial is almost exactly the same as my old 2007 so I am confident it is not user error. perhaps there is a software update or patch that I can have the dealer do?

DurangoZJ 03-09-2011 11:35 PM

Glad I'm not the only one. They suck.

mjw930 03-09-2011 11:44 PM

Hey, I agree, they all sucked to some degree but I don't see these being any better or worse then the 3 other vehicles I had them in.

JeepeeJ 03-10-2011 12:56 AM

Too sensitive for me and I don't like it trying to wipe mostly dry glass. I leave it off as I'm not lazy and like to use controls while driving to keep me active and aware. I don't even like using day time running lights and turn them off when I can.

Greg7 03-10-2011 12:58 AM

Have not used wipers in years, turned off my rain sensor.

Rain X

2011RitterGC 03-10-2011 08:14 AM

Mine work OK. Not as good as my M-B but OK. I do like the 5 (I thought there were 4) settings. I am not seeing the issues that you are having.

IndyBob 03-10-2011 09:09 AM

I find mine to work very well.

Maybe because I have not had a sensing wipers before I didn't know what they were supposed to do.

mrmotoguzzi00 03-10-2011 09:49 AM

I came from a Silverado Work Truck, aka roll up windows etc.... I love all this automatic stuff ;) Actually I think they work pretty good..... you figure you got a little sensor somewhere so unless that drop from the bridge hits the sensor, it ain't gonna know..

Nouveau Redneck 03-10-2011 10:34 AM

Mine work great. Varying the sensitivity definitely seems to be necessary though. In light very drizzle and/or misting rain, I seem to have to set it on 1 or 2, and for slightly harder drizzle, all the way up to a full downpour setting 4 is great for my taste (Yes, there are only 4 settings in the 2011 WK2).

Technosavant 03-10-2011 10:55 AM

Mine work well, but yes, at first they can be slow to activate if there's only a couple drops or a very fine mist.

That's expected; the entire windshield can't be the sensor. Usually setting 1 or 2 is fine, but if it's a very fine mist, I'll just manually activate them from time to time.