Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - ZJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f78/)
-   -   ZJ TSi ??? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f78/zj-tsi-2009.html)

Dylans3960ccs 08-11-2009 08:03 PM

ZJ TSi ???

Ok at the scrap yard I came across a bunch of ZJs there was like 3 purple ones, but there was one I was using for a nut (this fixed my cars air box from squeeking) and noticed that the cladding had two almost body color pin-stripes and said TSi on the side of the cladding. I tried to find out what makes this TSi different from the laredo and couldn't find . . . well anything but a few pics and none were purple like the one at the scrap yard and none of the ones I saw online had these two pin-stripes, so if anyone knows anything about this model please comment.

Marlin 08-11-2009 08:11 PM

Re: ZJ TSi ???

A sporty TSi model (1997–1999) briefly debuted, exterior features included single color body paneling, with lower indigo blue striping and TSi, accent similar to that found on the Eagle Talon model. TSi packages came equipped with 5 spoke 16-inch (410 mm) alloy wheels, 225/70R16 tires, sport tuned suspension and steering, perforated leather seats, and a premium sound system. The 4.0 litre I6 and the 5.2 litre V8 were the only two available engines in this package. The TSi was priced between the Laredo and the Limited.

Source; Wiki.

Dylans3960ccs 08-11-2009 08:16 PM

wow, thanks Benno! :D

haha, my dad keeps trying to threaten me by saying that he'll sell the jeep if I don't make good enough grades lol when my mom is the actual owner of it. I guess I could just buy one of these if he can manage to get through my mom. :D

Marlin 08-11-2009 08:20 PM

See, now that's how you use a forum!
Anyone else looking for the information can now search and find it.
Grown up informative posts, good technical information, pictures of mods etc...
.... it's not all about lounging around in the off-topic area pullin of your buddies.

Knightrider03m 08-11-2009 09:06 PM

Yea, the TSI is as sporty as it gets with a ZJ :lol:

Robert Palmer 08-11-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylans3960ccs (Post 46052)
wow, thanks Benno! :D

haha, my dad keeps trying to threaten me by saying that he'll sell the jeep if I don't make good enough grades lol when my mom is the actual owner of it. I guess I could just buy one of these if he can manage to get through my mom. :D

Is it really that hard to keep up your grades?

Redsand 08-11-2009 09:07 PM

Tsi's were nice...if I recall correctly they shared a few interior parts with the 5.9. I would love to get my hands on one, seems like they are more rare then the almighty niner lol

I would like to know a little more about this sport tuned suspension they speak of...

Dylans3960ccs 08-11-2009 09:09 PM

yeah, this makes me want one...

NHWK05 08-11-2009 09:11 PM

My friend has a silver 98 5.2 Zj TSI with the purple stripes, its pretty beat. Its ok, i am not a huge ZJ fan but for the times it was nice, it was equivalent to the WJ Special Edition, colombia, freedom, in my opinion. They are all have pretty much the same things just slight differences/upgrades but nothing you could not get on a laredo or limited. just a marketing ploy to make people get more then a laredo and less then the limited.

Someome in town has a nice mint black one.

I hate the wheels they had too.

Marlin 08-11-2009 09:14 PM

Yeah I reckon they were simply a run-out special, you know, throw some extra bits on it for minimal extra money to make sure you sell all the old bodies before the new model comes online.
The timing seems about right correct?

NHWK05 08-11-2009 09:17 PM

Thats a valid point, WJ was out late summer early fall '98.

It would not take much at all to quickly modify a bunch of Laredo Zjs to the TSI.

Knightrider03m 08-11-2009 09:20 PM

I LOVE ZJs and should have never sold mines. Maybe its because it was my 1st Jeep.