Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Clicking noise from A-pillar (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/clicking-noise-from-a-pillar-20094.html)

bigpanda 03-11-2011 01:37 AM

Clicking noise from A-pillar

Just got my WK2 few weeks ago and I'm getting this clicking/ticking noise from A-pillar area. No, it's not that ESC noise from front panel like the TSB said.

It sounds like one of the wires or some sort of plastic thingy that holds the wires keeps touching the inside of A-pillar. I opened the A-pillar and coudn't find the source though. It may be coming from door, not sure.

Any idea? Any experience with this kind of bugging noise? Thanks.

Ken Jacobs 03-11-2011 07:40 AM

Re: Clicking noise from A-pillar

I have a clicking sound in the door when it is unlocked. Grab the lock button and see if it will rotate.

iRace559 03-23-2011 11:43 PM

I have this same exact issue and it's been driving me insane. I already took it to one dealer and they said they fixed it. What a load of BS that was. I took it apart myself and couldn't find the source either.

bigpanda 03-24-2011 09:27 AM

I found a source of noise. Tweeter area. That plastic cover is not well fit and it makes a gap between the tweeter cover and steel door frame.

Jeff_Jeske 10-01-2011 11:45 PM

Do you know how to remove the a pillar and tweeter cover? I have a similar noise but it happens only when it's very windy out or when I'm traveling at high speeds. Dealer cannot recreate the noise so I need to troubleshoot it myself.

swampass2 12-09-2011 11:20 AM

Old thread I know, but in case there are others with this problem, I had the noise at high speeds (almost like clockwork when I hit 80). Sounded like it was in the A-pillar. Dealer claimed to have fixed it, but all they did was break the plastic arm that attaches the cowl to the body under the hood. Noise was still there. After popping the hood, I suspected it might be the the washer fluid hose flapping around under the hood. The hose is pretty rigid with lots of play right at the hood hinge. I pushed it into the channel of the hood hinge and threw a zip-tie around the hinge. Problem solved...

wvujeep 12-15-2011 08:24 PM

I'm getting the same clicking on my 2011 Overland Summit. Have had it happen for quite a while, and normally at around 65 mph and above.

I have had the dealer check it three times now and I'm finally getting her in next Thursday to get that and a few other problems fixed.

The chrome trim on the outside of the door is the suspected culprit.

That, along with my whistling/whining climate control and lagging GPS BETTER BE FIXED next Thursday!! I'll post about this again when I get it repaired.

Jeff_Jeske 12-26-2011 01:38 AM

I still have the issue. Drove to the in laws this weekend and it clicked the entire way down. It only happens above 75mph or when I have a strong head wind so dealer won't troubleshoot. I'd like to remove the the a pillar but do not have the slightest idea how. Help!

swampass2 12-31-2011 04:34 AM

Have you looked under the hood at the washer fluid hose? Going on 4 weeks with no more noise after securing the hose to the hood hinge.

Jeff_Jeske 01-06-2012 10:36 PM

Yea I've done that still there in high winds or when I go through a car wash with an air dryer.

JGC2011Limited 08-21-2012 02:36 PM

Does anyone have an update on resolutions for this?

Jeff_Jeske 08-21-2012 07:52 PM

I PM'd you but mine was resolved by double sided tape on the plastic that covers the lower windshield. I had the dealer troubleshoot and resolve. I love warranties!