Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Seat Creak (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/seat-creak-20102.html)

suprand 03-11-2011 11:01 AM

Seat Creak

Havent had any real major issues w my jeep...however i have a small gripe. The hard plastic on the back of the front seats creak all the time when moving around. If you press the back plastic with your hand you can hear the squeaking. I know its minor but still kinda annoying. Cant really think of anyway to fix it. Anyone else notice this?

wjs81866 03-11-2011 12:36 PM

Re: Seat Creak

yes my Laredo does this, I have tolerated it mostly because it hasn't been bad enough to take it in. I also noticed that when I go around a corner that it feels as if the seat was sliding sideways with the turn. I'm going to look at it more this weekend and see if I can see what it's doing. My dealership is great but if they can't duplicate it then they obviously can't fix it.

litespeedz 03-11-2011 05:26 PM

I heard a similar noise and thought it was the plastic on the back of the passenger side seat. It was actually the passenger-side seat belt latch/arm (the plastic piece coming from between the center console and the seat) bumping against the plastic part of the passenger seat. I was able to make the problem go away by sliding the latch forward slightly so it rested against the seat cushion instead of plastic. That made it go away. Yours sounds like it might be a little different but I thought I would share my experience since I was convinced I had the same problem for about two weeks. I only figured it out because the sound wasn't there when a passenger was in the car.

one11sgt 03-13-2011 12:38 AM

I had the same problem. I solved it with a few felt patches between the plastic and the leather. I got them at hardware store. They are the little round ones you put on the bottom of furniture.
The plastic backing will pop right off. Just sit in the back seat and pull toward you from the bottom. Once the bottom and sides release, slide it down off the guides at the top, put the felt on the top right inside corner, slide it back up the guides and pop it back in place.

wjs81866 04-20-2011 10:03 PM

I saw they released a tsb for creaking seats, exact thing mine is doing.

23-015-11- - - -04/20/11LOOSE AND/OR SQUEAKING FRONT SEAT CUSHION

This bulletin involves inspecting the front seat cushion and if necessary replacing the
plastic isolator bushings
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built prior to November 24, 2010

The customer may experience the front seat cushion shifting left to right and/or squeaking
during turns or other driving conditions.