Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   service 4WD! dealership full of dummies! help! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/service-4wd-dealership-full-of-dummies-help-20132.html)

boss_hemi 03-11-2011 09:33 PM

service 4WD! dealership full of dummies! help!

so, took the jeep to the dealership twice. scanner read eroneous fault code, so they reflashed my computer with an "update".. which to me is code for clearing the light and charging me $83 frickin dollars and not fixing s**t and not telling me what the diagnosis is! i brought it back and they "can't figure it out". so now i gotta wait for them to hear from star chrysler on what they "think" the problem is. i hope somebody on hear can help me!

AcidCold 03-11-2011 10:34 PM

Re: service 4WD! dealership full of dummies! help!

Service 4wd and service electronic brake? This is my case and in my situation i blame my wheel hub which will be getting replaced very soon. Sometimes the hub sensor gets damaged or dirty which causes the light or service message on the evic to pop up.

White Chocolate 03-12-2011 01:37 AM

Its a common issue on WK's...most times it is nothing. I believe there is a TSB for this

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-12-2011 02:15 AM

used to happen weekly on mine until i had the TSB completed, hasnt happened once since.

boss_hemi 03-12-2011 02:08 PM

my sevice elec brake comes on after i do donuts in the snow lol. so i quit doin that haha. i had them scan it already and do the TSB on it. they scanned it with an "update". whatever that means.. but it didnt fix it either way. im kinda leaning towards a wheel sensor? if not that maybe a sensor in my rear diff? anybody have issues with either of those?

dr.lee.baugh 03-14-2011 08:32 AM

THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 21-014-06, DATED
May 19, 2006, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS
ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE MODELS AFFECTED.
THE StarSCAN® FLASH FILES FOR THIS BULLETIN MUST BE RETRIEVED FROM
THE INTERNET.
StarSCAN® UPDATE CD 6.05 WAS THE LAST CD TO CONTAIN FLASH FILES.
SUBJECT:
Flash: Erroneous Fault Warning - Service 4WD System Illuminated
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Final Drive Control
Module (FDCM) with new software.
MODELS:
2005 - 2006 (WK) Grand Cherokee
**2005** - 2006 (WH) Grand Cherokee (International Markets)
2006 (XK) Commander
2006 (XH) Commander (International Markets)
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with Quadra Trac II (sales code
DHX) or Quadra Drive II (sales code AWB) **and built on or prior to May 19,
2006 (MDH 0519XX)**.
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The vehicle operator may describe “Service 4WD System” is illuminated but there is only a
stored Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) present or no fault present when the FDCM is
interrogated by a Scan Tool (StarSCAN®).
DIAGNOSIS:
Using StarSCAN® with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in
TechCONNECT, verify all systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs are present
record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this
bulletin.

Has to be done with a StarScan. Most people report that after the FDCM is flashed, the problem goes away. Could also be the wheel hub, as others have mentioned, or a loose connector / faulty wiring in one of the 4wd components.

boss_hemi 03-15-2011 06:02 AM

this is my exact issue! and they did the reflash and updated with new software but the 4wd light came back on.. so it looks like my next thing is checking the wheel hub

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.lee.baugh (Post 375074)
THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 21-014-06, DATED
May 19, 2006, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS
ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE MODELS AFFECTED.
THE StarSCAN® FLASH FILES FOR THIS BULLETIN MUST BE RETRIEVED FROM
THE INTERNET.
StarSCAN® UPDATE CD 6.05 WAS THE LAST CD TO CONTAIN FLASH FILES.
SUBJECT:
Flash: Erroneous Fault Warning - Service 4WD System Illuminated
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Final Drive Control
Module (FDCM) with new software.
MODELS:
2005 - 2006 (WK) Grand Cherokee
**2005** - 2006 (WH) Grand Cherokee (International Markets)
2006 (XK) Commander
2006 (XH) Commander (International Markets)
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with Quadra Trac II (sales code
DHX) or Quadra Drive II (sales code AWB) **and built on or prior to May 19,
2006 (MDH 0519XX)**.
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The vehicle operator may describe “Service 4WD System” is illuminated but there is only a
stored Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) present or no fault present when the FDCM is
interrogated by a Scan Tool (StarSCAN®).
DIAGNOSIS:
Using StarSCAN® with the appropriate Diagnostic Procedures available in
TechCONNECT, verify all systems are functioning as designed. If DTCs are present
record them on the repair order and repair as necessary before proceeding further with this
bulletin.

Has to be done with a StarScan. Most people report that after the FDCM is flashed, the problem goes away. Could also be the wheel hub, as others have mentioned, or a loose connector / faulty wiring in one of the 4wd components.