Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   A strange rattle you just cant seem to locate? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/a-strange-rattle-you-just-cant-seem-to-locate-20139.html)

LiquidOxygen 03-12-2011 01:20 AM

A strange rattle you just cant seem to locate?

My overland had the strangest vibration/rattle that drove me crazy for two weeks. I tried everything from the rearview mirror, down through the dash to the center console, even the seats until I finally had enough. I brought it to the dealer today and before I could even finish explainig where I had looked they told me to wheel it in and give them 30 mins. It Turns out there was something loose under the cupholder area and it was causing a vibration right up through the center console. Its the EIGHTH one in three weeks to be fixed at this dealership. All is silent again in my cabin and I'm finally at peace with my Jeep. So if anyone else has a strange vibration/rattle they just cant seem to pinpoint, take it to your dealer and have them open up console. It just might save you some frustration.

bigpanda 03-20-2011 10:32 AM

Re: A strange rattle you just cant seem to locate?

I got rattle coming from A-pillar/door trim tweeter area and will try to find where this rattle is coming from.

atpadam 03-20-2011 12:46 PM

mt rattle sounds like its coming from the steering colum , but the dealer cannt find it , ughhhhhhhhh, , so frustrating , anyone else have this ?

bigpanda 03-24-2011 09:32 AM

Jeep spent good amount of time for designing but not enough for fit & finish! And please, stop using these cheap plastic! My the other car, Genesis, is a lot better built car.

andylcg 03-28-2011 05:51 PM

I have a rattle that sounds like it is coming from the dashboard or passengers A-piller/door. Taking to the dealer tomorrow ..let you guys know if they can find a solution.

bigpanda 04-02-2011 05:40 PM

My dealer fixed the noise. Driver side tweeter was little loose and shifter had to be tightened.

mofeen 04-05-2011 06:19 PM

I had a rattle on my Overland that I just couldn't seem to locate till today. I noticed it happened on the bumpier roads and during certain songs that had more bass than others. I discovered it was my rearview mirror. It seems like the plastics covering on the back may be somewhat loose if that makes sense. Will have to bring it into the dealer one of these days because really is starting to annoy me.

vnbWK2 04-06-2011 12:39 PM

I wish mine was that easy. Mine is coming from under the center console by the cup holders. I have an appointment with the dealer Sunday for free oil change and a TSB to be done, will let them know about the vibration as well. I hope they fix that noise....it's annoying.

bigpanda 04-09-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnbWK2 (Post 390742)
I wish mine was that easy. Mine is coming from under the center console by the cup holders. I have an appointment with the dealer Sunday for free oil change and a TSB to be done, will let them know about the vibration as well. I hope they fix that noise....it's annoying.

I had that same noise fixed. Tech told me something was loose under the cup holder. And gear shift nob had little "play" and it was tightened too.

vnbWK2 04-09-2011 08:04 PM

Just had this fixed at the dealer this morning. The work order states "Reposition and Isolate Center Console". So far the rattle seems to be gone but it didn't happen every single time, so I can't say for sure they found the rattle.....wait and see.