Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   changed pcv valve (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/changed-pcv-valve-20166.html)

08limited 03-12-2011 09:12 PM

changed pcv valve

i just changed pcv valve last tuesday,helped a little bit,now i just changed the oil and cleaned the throttle body plate with some rubbing alcohol,wow big difference,not so much in mpg but in accelaration and it made it feel so much smoother,next comes the catch can just not sure where to put it yet

Walt 03-13-2011 09:56 AM

Re: changed pcv valve

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08limited (Post 374478)
...cleaned the throttle body plate with some rubbing alcohol,wow big difference,not so much in mpg but in accelaration and it made it feel so much smoother,next comes the catch can just not sure where to put it yet

Glad the throttle body cleaning helped. :thumbsup:

Several oil catch can installation how-to threads on this and other Jeep forums.
My BT oil catch can is located behind the big cross-over brace on the passengers side (inboard of the PCM). I had to buy a 6" x 6" L-bracket (Home Depot), more hose and hose clamps. Leave room underneath it to unscrew for emptying. I empty mine every other gas fill-up, when I check the oil level.

08limited 03-13-2011 10:17 AM

thanks walt i was thinking about the bt can and getting it in the anodized red because my jeep color is red rock

nick.jeff 03-13-2011 11:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cleaned my TB yesterday as well...

08limited 03-13-2011 09:12 PM

looks nice n clean, i left mine on,do you have to get a new gasket?

lll2for3lll 03-17-2011 10:35 AM

Having my PCV valve changed next Saturday along with an oil change and chassis lube. PCV valve on cost $8 at my dealer. Those guys there are great.

nick.jeff 03-17-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08limited (Post 374905)
looks nice n clean, i left mine on,do you have to get a new gasket?

There was no gasket when I took it off, unless I mistook it for the burnt crud around the outside you see there that I managed to clean off

05WKinPA 03-17-2011 01:24 PM

Just ordered a new PCV valve off of Rock Auto for $3.30. I've been experiencing some rough idle issues....hoping this helps. I believe I still have the original valve and am pushing 83k. I should have done this a long time ago.

B.P.O.D 03-17-2011 01:40 PM

question. did you take the negative cable off when you were cleaning your tb/replacing ur pvc?

TJXJWJ 03-17-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 377701)
question. did you take the negative cable off when you were cleaning your tb/replacing ur pvc?

I didn't when I did this on the wife's WK a few months ago. No need....

B.P.O.D 03-17-2011 01:55 PM

i was stating bc of the acceleration claim. if 08limited had his battery pulled for 30 mins then the pcm was probably reset and that's why the acceleration changed. i pull my battery 1x a month so i get that kick:)

TJXJWJ 03-17-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.P.O.D (Post 377715)
i was stating bc of the acceleration claim. if 08limited had his battery pulled for 30 mins then the pcm was probably reset and that's why the acceleration changed. i pull my battery 1x a month so i get that kick:)

I bet you've got the cleanest battery terminals EVAR.

Hey, (sorry for the partial hi-jack here) do you notice any difference in fuel economy when you reset like that?