Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Vibration from rear (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/vibration-from-rear-20172.html)

jp467 03-12-2011 11:39 PM

Vibration from rear

I am getting a vibration from the rear on acceleration between 15 and 20 mph only. Has anyone else had this and what the solution was? It is only for a couple seconds in this speed range. It is a 3.6 with qtII.

andylcg 03-13-2011 04:32 PM

Re: Vibration from rear

Yes i have it, There are a few threads on this site that talk about in depth, but to sum it all up you need to take your jeep back to the dealership. The vibration/shuddering is not normal

jp467 03-13-2011 11:47 PM

I didn't have the vibration until they replaced the transfer case, so I hope it is just an adjustment with the rear driveshaft.

andylcg 03-16-2011 10:36 AM

I had mine from the first day i got it, no work done until now trying to fix the problem. They called Chrysler, they are sending down new parts to try and fix the problem

brg468 11-11-2011 12:24 AM

I know its been a while but has anybody found a solution to this?? I just bought a used 2011 GC V6 and am having the exact same issue. Dealership says its normal but it doesnt feel like a normal thing to me. Any help would be appreciated.

jp467 11-11-2011 12:29 AM

What model and tranfer case did you get?

brg468 11-11-2011 12:45 AM

2011 Limited 3.6L with QTII

jp467 11-11-2011 01:52 AM

My guess would be something with the rear prop shaft. When was it built and how many miles on it when you got it?

brg468 11-11-2011 10:14 AM

10/10 build date and had just about 26k when I got it. Right now it has about 27k. Dealership told me they felt it and that it was a normal condition of the "transmission bands adjusting" or something along those lines. I test drove several others before this one and don't remember any of them doing this but again I wasn't really looking for it either. It happens any time going from almost exactly 15mph and stops right at 20 mph.

jp467 11-11-2011 12:58 PM

These new electronic transmissions don't have bands. This is not normal you should not have a vibration. If its from the rear I would start with the rear driveshaft. It sounds like you may want to try a different dealer if you are in an area that has more than one dealer. Do you have the service history for this jeep? This could also give you a clue of what the problem may be.

brg468 11-11-2011 01:51 PM

Thanks for the help. No I dont have the service records but I am planning to take it to a different dealership sometime next week probably and see what they say about it.

andylcg 11-17-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brg468 (Post 513545)
10/10 build date and had just about 26k when I got it. Right now it has about 27k. Dealership told me they felt it and that it was a normal condition of the "transmission bands adjusting" or something along those lines. I test drove several others before this one and don't remember any of them doing this but again I wasn't really looking for it either. It happens any time going from almost exactly 15mph and stops right at 20 mph.

I had this same problem... From 15-20mph. After about 2 weeks in the shop they fixed it, gave me very little information on what it was and what they did. I brought it to the dealership once, they kept it for about 3 days tried some "Update" didn't work, took it back for the above two weeks, they fixed it.. a few days ago it started again, I brought to the dealership for a oil change, told the dealership about that the issue had started again, They said they would take a look. I told them that this is the third time (Lemon Law) about a hour and a half later they told me that the Jeep was all set, and that they didn't notice anything between 15-20mph. drove the Jeep home, no vibration. Can you say conspiracy!