Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Uconnect to play music through sounds horrible. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/uconnect-to-play-music-through-sounds-horrible-20178.html)

Juan 03-13-2011 02:08 AM

Uconnect to play music through sounds horrible.

Since the connector in my middle console wont play my music thats on my iphone 4 I decided to try the bluetooth audio through my iphone 4. It sounds amazingly horrible. It sounds so bad that I am not able to listen to it through the bluetooth audio.

About 2 weeks ago I rented a 2010 limited ford escape for a day while I was on another island. While the vehicle drives likes a go kart the bluetooth through my iphone 4 sounds as if I were playing a cd directly from the radio.

Can anyone get the bluetooth to sounds decent enough to listen to through their iphone 4?

BimmerAgent 03-13-2011 11:22 PM

Re: Uconnect to play music through sounds horrible.

Not me. I am struggling with Iphone 4 issues on the 430N. Suppsoedly, there will be a software update around April Fool's day that will fix some issues. I'm not holding my breath, though. Bruce

funkatation 03-18-2011 12:40 AM

I can't get it to work on the 430N or 130 w/ UConnect. Both just stutter terribly. I am thinking it's a uconnect problem and not a radio issue. My 130 was built on Monday.

mjw930 03-19-2011 07:44 AM

It's an apple issue combined with uConnect. Ever since Apple OS4, where they enabled multi-tasking the accessory interface to the iPod started acting up. I gave up and started using my iPod Nano and it works flawlessly. Apple is notorious for changing the specs after they publish them and this is another example of that. Accessory developers hate apple almost as much as apple user love the products. They are one of the hardest companies to work with, Jobs arrogance permeates the company and makes Gates look like mother Teresa :)

DarthPiper 03-30-2011 02:54 PM

You can stream the audio via bluetooth if you lock the screen... basically, once it's connected, just hit the power button so the screen goes dark. It streams just fine then.

I'm still trying to figure out a pattern that will get the iPhone 4 to always connect via the dock connector and have it play music and podcasts that way because via bluetooth you don't get to see playlists, podcast lists, song titles, etc.

Redcivic47 04-02-2011 10:14 PM

Ok blame apple but what about the no SMS texting for the majority of phones and no travel link and other isssues. They simply rushed this radio and promised things they couldn't deliver on.

Andrew Klossner 05-03-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcivic47 (Post 388232)
Ok blame apple but what about the no SMS texting for the majority of phones ...

That's like in the 1960s, complaining that you have a stereo radio but the stations are still transmitting mono. The radio's ready for when you buy a phone that has this capability.

Cell phones are designed to last three years. I expect to go through half a dozen cell phones during my Jeep's lifetime.

Hodnick 05-04-2011 10:17 AM

I have the 730N RHR and bluetooth seems to work fine for me. Friend has a 430 but has a lot of bluetooth issues.