Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WJ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/)
-   -   Embarrasing find today while cleaning the Jeep. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f51/embarrasing-find-today-while-cleaning-the-jeep-20209.html)

violant00 03-13-2011 11:48 PM

Embarrasing find today while cleaning the Jeep.

I've had my jeep for about a year now and I actually thought I knew everything that's needed to know about my dash (signal, hazard etc)

so while applying some armorall to the dash i accidently turned on my FOGS. Apparently i didn't noticed i even had them because the sign on the switch had been warn away. I couldn't beleive i NEVER noticed that after a year with the jeep.

although a good find I still felt like a total noob about it :thumbsup:

Amelie 03-14-2011 06:37 AM

Re: Embarrasing find today while cleaning the Jeep.

lol low beam? isn't that what you drive with all the time? Do you mean your fogs possibly? The fog's were tricky for me since you have to pull that level outwards lol.

Frango100 03-14-2011 10:18 AM

The first day i had my car i also was wondering how i could get those fogs working. Same for the rear fog lights. (i think you guys in the States donīt have this option) Just after some playing around i found it out.:rolleyes:

JeepMe 03-14-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frango100 (Post 375145)
The first day i had my car i also was wondering how i could get those fogs working. Same for the rear fog lights. (i think you guys in the States donīt have this option) Just after some playing around i found it out.:rolleyes:

Rear fog lights? Any pictures b/c I don't think I've ever seen them?

Frango100 03-14-2011 03:10 PM

On my car (made in Austria) the lower red reflector part of the tail lights is standard equipped with fog lights. Because i already had the sockets in there, it was for me quite easy to do the Quad Squad modification.

uniquetreatone 03-14-2011 03:27 PM

I actually had to search(google) to find out how to put the fog lights on.When I looked and noticed I wasn't the only person that didn't know,I didn't feel like such a dummy...lol

01grand 03-14-2011 03:31 PM

Well I guess I am in good company, it took me a month to figure out the fogs switch, found it in the manual while looking up something else. Further embarrassed by showing my wife it worked the same way in her chrysler, only to find out she already knew that.....

moparBG 03-14-2011 03:38 PM

I feel your pain on this issue. I was not aware of the auto high beams until I stumbled across a post earlier this week. By the way, if you are wondering about these, you control them on the EVIC options and also the lights need to be turned to auto headlights. You can tell that you have this option beucase there is a small sensor ont he back of the rearview mirro (facing outward toward traffic) that senses oncomming headlights

violant00 03-14-2011 06:48 PM

yeah the fogs... i felt like such a dick...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reichminister Goebbels (Post 375039)
lol low beam? isn't that what you drive with all the time? Do you mean your fogs possibly? The fog's were tricky for me since you have to pull that level outwards lol.

Chuck 03-14-2011 07:07 PM

lol it took me some time to find the fogs too. Actually I think I asked Hannes haha.

Garaphin 03-20-2011 11:32 PM

OMG, thank you! I just realized I have the fog lamps too. I also thought they we're just fake plastic lenses but know I now better. Awesome! What a treat. :)

violant00 03-21-2011 04:45 AM

lolol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garaphin (Post 379702)
OMG, thank you! I just realized I have the fog lamps too. I also thought they we're just fake plastic lenses but know I now better. Awesome! What a treat. :)