Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   This can't be right (order waiting time) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/this-cant-be-right-order-waiting-time-20251.html)

Captain Slow 03-14-2011 08:37 PM

This can't be right (order waiting time)

So I called my dealer tonight. This coming Thursday it will have been four weeks since they placed the order for my Overland V6 with the 730 nav system. I had told myself I was going to be patient and not worry about the order, but hanging out here lurking has gotten me all excited, and I thought heck, maybe I should get the order info from the dealer and see about getting in on the tracking game. What better way to drive myself crazy in short order, right?

So the sales guy gets on the phone and says "Yeah, been meaning to call you. Your Jeep should be here any day now." Nah, that can't be right. I was told 8-10 weeks. It hasn't been a full 4 yet. "No, no. It's built and is on a truck now. It should be here within the next couple of days." He read off the info and sure enough, he had the right Jeep and the right customer.

Granted living in southeastern Michigan I wouldn't have to worry about rail shipments - the plant is all of 20 minutes away - but 4 weeks?!?

If it really does show up this week and this isn't some kind of colossal misunderstanding - I'm going to feel slightly guilty based on the stories some of you have told. And if the guy DID somehow manage to have the info wrong, and I really do have to wait 4-6 more weeks, I'm going to go crazy because NOW I'm excited. :)

wreckdive 03-14-2011 08:55 PM

Re: This can't be right (order waiting time)

Like they say: "YMMV". I hope yours shows up "any day now" as told! I am 30 days into my order (28 days from getting VIN and "D" status) and waiting. Called my dealer today just to torture myself, and he said my Summit had just gone to D1. . . which I did not believe. I'm getting my build tracked here on the forum, and it still shows as plain "D". Salesman said he needed to muck around with his computer terminal to double-check, and that he's call me back to confirm. . . no call, so I'm taking that to mean I'm really still in D. Can't believe I'm this anxious to write a check this big! :) Congrats, way to go!

mjw930 03-14-2011 10:10 PM

What's your VIN number from the order? With that there are a number of ways to figure out where it is. If it's built and on a truck then it should be on your dealer's website listed as "In Transit".

chuck1801 03-14-2011 11:01 PM

I ordered my Summit on 2/25, it is now D1 and is supposed to ship on 3/25.

Captain Slow 03-14-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjw930 (Post 375668)
What's your VIN number from the order? With that there are a number of ways to figure out where it is. If it's built and on a truck then it should be on your dealer's website listed as "In Transit".

I went and checked the dealer's website, and sure enough - it's 'In Transit." I am stunned.

mjw930 03-15-2011 07:26 AM

Sounds like you got your order in just before the factory was getting ready to build a batch that fit your order for color and content. Good for you.

Captain Slow 03-17-2011 07:43 PM

Picked her up tonight. 28 Days from order to delivery. Pretty amazing.