Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Got the new facia on (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/got-the-new-facia-on-20314.html)

BLACK DOG 03-15-2011 11:02 PM

Got the new facia on

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, Got the SRT front facia on the jeep today, having a small problem with the lower Grill, it would not lock the clips with the facia over the little lips on the front, Im sure they are supposed to be hidden behind the facia, but it kept coming loose.The way it is now will scratch the facia paint. Other than that the install went great, it took about an hour and 45 min, wasted about 30 min. trying to get the grill to fit. Pics on the way...iPhone pics added for Kyle...

BLACK DOG 03-15-2011 11:03 PM

Re: Got the new facia on

Bookmark for pics

White Chocolate 03-16-2011 01:03 AM

:pics:

KITSOS 03-16-2011 03:06 AM

Agreed^^

BLACK DOG 03-16-2011 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 376712)
:pics:

hey Kyle can yo wait till sun comes up

SRTILL8 03-16-2011 08:43 AM

i think i follow what your saying here....

so the top portion is clicked in but when you click in the bottom it clicks out after a while or right away?

im thinking of two things here- when i removed my lower grille to do my retractable plate i had issues putting it back on almost like what your describing but not that bad. in fact my drivers side last tab comes out every now and then and i just pop it back in....

couldve sworn i read somewhere that the aftermarket lower grilles (cheap ass ones) dont fit any where near like OEM does... but i cant remember where i read that..

BLACK DOG 03-16-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRTILLA (Post 376786)
i think i follow what your saying here....

so the top portion is clicked in but when you click in the bottom it clicks out after a while or right away?

im thinking of two things here- when i removed my lower grille to do my retractable plate i had issues putting it back on almost like what your describing but not that bad. in fact my drivers side last tab comes out every now and then and i just pop it back in....

couldve sworn i read somewhere that the aftermarket lower grilles (cheap ass ones) dont fit any where near like OEM does... but i cant remember where i read that..

Thanks,SRTILLA
that could be the problem, the problem started before the facia was installed, when swapping out the fogs and installing the grill. I just happen to have another one I know came from jeep, the one I put on came with the facia, the body shop guy commented it came from china or tiwan...I'll dig the other one out of my storage container... I've added a couple of shots to the first post, and I just noticed the gap under the grill, I only noticed it when I squatted down to take the grill shot

White Chocolate 03-16-2011 05:29 PM

Black Dog, how about this, you buy that 1000 dollar SRT kit, and I will take some of it off your hands.. lol

Scottina06 03-16-2011 07:26 PM

the lower grill is a pain. I found it easier to install the grill before you install the bumper

SRTILL8 03-16-2011 07:29 PM

ive read some people even zip tie behind (hidden) it on there somehow.... maybe look into that option as well bro.

gl, looks great though!

robpp 03-16-2011 09:36 PM

looks GREAT Bob :w00t:

BLACK DOG 03-16-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 377105)
Black Dog, how about this, you buy that 1000 dollar SRT kit, and I will take some of it off your hands.. lol

pacients grasshopper...:cool: it's painted PX8 too:D