Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   When to buy?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/when-to-buy-20315.html)

ldurland 03-15-2011 11:02 PM

When to buy??

First post so first things first is a big thanks to all for making this a great forum. I have enjoyed every thread and becoming very educated with the GC.

It has been confirmed that this will be my next vehicle and my first ever Jeep. Very excited to say the least.

Im pretty sure that the Overland is the one. My question is when is the best time to buy for a great deal. Im in canada (calgary, alberta) but can easily jump to any province to snag a good deal. Do any think that we will see a close comparison from US pricing to CDN pricing at anytime?

I am in no rush so time can be a friend i think?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Lingohocken 03-15-2011 11:34 PM

Re: When to buy??

Good question. This rig is so much in demand that the usual model-year-end discounting may not be terribly attractive unless you're willing to settle for something not very popular, such as a stripped-down 2WD in a low-demand color.

But, who knows what with all that's going on in the Middle East that a turn for the worse could drop demand for vehicles that don't sip gas.

Personally, we're hanging in there for MY2012's opening bell, realizing that we'll likely pay a bit more but also it will be worth more than a 2011 later on.

But don't expect the 2012 to be much different from the 2011. If that's of interest to you, follow this forum for first news of changes, such as LED taillights...and possible decontenting.

boldd 03-15-2011 11:35 PM

End of the month truly works. I can say I was happy with my deal. Overland, V8 (no adaptive cruise), all in $51,800 in Edmonton at Derrick Dodge.

Dan JGC 03-16-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lingohocken (Post 376665)
... such as LED taillights...and possible decontenting.

Decontenting??? Don't know what you are referring to...please clarify. Thanks!

lweisenb 03-16-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 376682)
Decontenting??? Don't know what you are referring to...please clarify. Thanks!

Means removing items to cut costs. Usually its things people typically wouldn't notice, like removing lights from cup holders, and door handles.

french_matt 03-16-2011 11:19 AM

Very last day of the Month will get you the best deal at a dealer.

AAAA 03-16-2011 01:10 PM

End of the month... any month, but winter is better.

wildturkey47 03-16-2011 01:46 PM

At the end of the quarter, like this month is the end of the 1st quarter.
Don't the dealers count the total sales for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th quarters?