Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Question regarding interior lights (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/question-regarding-interior-lights-20319.html)

Burner 03-16-2011 01:33 AM

Question regarding interior lights
 
Hey guys,
I'm wondering if someone can lead me in the right direction. I'm wanting to put 2 red lights in my overhead lights inside the truck. I'm don't know what is better ie LEDs or regular lights. I'm wanting something that will last awhile and not do any damage or set my jeep on fire. If you guys can give me a website with the right bulb/led # that would be great. Thanks again.

boss_hemi 03-16-2011 07:35 PM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
check these out. LED is the way to go for sure

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Red-5...item1e5df85805

White Chocolate 03-16-2011 11:53 PM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
you cam get these in red I believe

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/2005-2010-...E-p/980063.htm

Burner 03-17-2011 02:23 AM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
Thanks guys, my only concern from what I have read is that the cheap ones can catch on fire, is this true with these 2? The 2nd link is expensive too, was alittle shocked when I saw $90 u.s. for 2 lights lol

boss_hemi 03-17-2011 06:02 AM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
i think the link by white chocolate replaces all interior dome lights? if im not mistaken... also i heard that LED burns cooler than regular bulbs so the risk of catching fire is less than the risk with regular bulbs. my bro had aftermarket tails on his blazer and the factory bulbs melted the lens to the taillight lol, so he had to switch to LED bulbs.

White Chocolate 03-17-2011 09:47 AM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner (Post 377420)
Thanks guys, my only concern from what I have read is that the cheap ones can catch on fire, is this true with these 2? The 2nd link is expensive too, was alittle shocked when I saw $90 u.s. for 2 lights lol

Thats for 4 lights, includes the rear

they by no means are "cheap"

TJXJWJ 03-17-2011 10:18 AM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
I have all LED's in my interior with no issues. Got mine from superbrightleds.com
They are reasonably priced, and I've never had one burn out on me!

Burner 03-17-2011 06:53 PM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
Thanks for all the help. Once I have done my move to my new house I will order a set. But I will look at the last site that was posted to take a look at what there prices are like. I'm worried by the price but by the time I converted that price to cdn and pay for shipping it will be very expensive and my wife would kill me for spending that much money on a set of led bulbs. I will spend it if I have to. But if I can stay away from a 120+ cdn for them I will. THXJWJ what are the link you gave me like for prices. Are both these company's offer a great product and warranty? Just don't want to buy crap LEDs like you see on eBay. Want to buy once kinda thing and not worrie about them burning my jeep ate stop working early. Thanks again guys and if there are more links, put them up please.

White Chocolate 03-17-2011 07:54 PM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner (Post 377898)
Thanks for all the help. Once I have done my move to my new house I will order a set. But I will look at the last site that was posted to take a look at what there prices are like. I'm worried by the price but by the time I converted that price to cdn and pay for shipping it will be very expensive and my wife would kill me for spending that much money on a set of led bulbs. I will spend it if I have to. But if I can stay away from a 120+ cdn for them I will. THXJWJ what are the link you gave me like for prices. Are both these company's offer a great product and warranty? Just don't want to buy crap LEDs like you see on eBay. Want to buy once kinda thing and not worrie about them burning my jeep ate stop working early. Thanks again guys and if there are more links, put them up please.

Canadian dollars are cheaper right now, and jeepgarage has a discount which gets you a better price, and steve is able to hook you up with shipping.

before you say no, speak to steve, he will hook you up the best, and trust me, itll be way worth it in the long run.

like i said, if you want GOOD leds, you will need to PAY for QUALITY parts.

you cant have cheap and awesome, doesnt work that way bro

Burner 03-17-2011 08:07 PM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
Oh why not lol. Who is steve and how do I get a hold of him?

White Chocolate 03-17-2011 08:40 PM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner (Post 377951)
Oh why not lol. Who is steve and how do I get a hold of him?

Steve is the owner of Xenondepot

They are a vendor on this site, contact him via PM or go to his website, www.xenondepot.com

Burner 03-17-2011 08:51 PM

Re: Question regarding interior lights
 
And he carrys those ones from your link or is it the same company? Thanks for your help. Sorry for all the questions


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community