Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   D1 for 42 days and counting? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/d1-for-42-days-and-counting-20335.html)

SUMMITgirl 03-16-2011 12:43 PM

D1 for 42 days and counting?

So here's my little rant, I'm sorry first of all.

First of all I don't mind waiting, I understood that when I ordered the Jeep, but when my Jeep sits in D1 for 42 days and counting I do have an issue. Here is my quick run down on things:

Ordered January 26th 2011 (but the dealer had this Jeep on order sense December, I just modified the order and put a deposit down)

1st time I went into the dealer February 25th they told me my Jeep has been "In-production" for 21 days. So 25-21 = 4, ok... so D1 since the 4th of February.

1st time I called the Jeep hotline on 3 March, they also tell me my Jeep is "In-Production" and is supposed to be shipped on the 15th of March. Wooo Hoooo sounds great! (Do I believe the shipping date No, but I'm hopeful)

2nd time I go into the dealer, yesterday 15 March. Hey how's it going? How is my Jeep doing? Well it's still in D1 status and we don't know whats going on. Ok fine, I tell them about my shipping date (which they didn't know???) and he says call me on the 16th and we will see if your status changes. I'm not calling them today! That is just going to irritate me more!

I know, I know, I know 12-14 weeks wait time for a Jeep to get to your dealership, and mine has only been on order for about 7 weeks. That is not my issue, my issue is D1 for 42 days!

UGH, sorry again but I really needed to rant. Maybe someone can chime in and help me out? I just need something to go right in my life right now! Something positive. (This isn't the only thing I am having issues with right now, this is just 1 of many) :( GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

FrankNJ1 03-16-2011 01:11 PM

Re: D1 for 42 days and counting?

That is why I bailed and went for a BMW X5 instead. Put a deposit down on the X5 2/19 with a production week assigned for 3/21 and went into production on 3/15 with a estimated finish date of 3/24 and should be to the dealer by 3/28. I think Jeep could learn a few things from BMW.

I wish you the best of luck!

mrfixxit7 03-16-2011 01:14 PM

The tracking system is great but it is not 100% accurate. I ordered my summit on the 10th of Jan. I was D status until the 5th of March and I went straight to I status. I never went D1, D2, E, F, or G.
I know it is not normal but it does happen. Maybe you are in the same boat.

SUMMITgirl 03-16-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankNJ1 (Post 376943)
That is why I bailed and went for a BMW X5 instead. Put a deposit down on the X5 2/19 with a production week assigned for 3/21 and went into production on 3/15 with a estimated finish date of 3/24 and should be to the dealer by 3/28. I think Jeep could learn a few things from BMW.

^WOW that is amazing fast! :eek:

I'm not going to bail on this Jeep, I love everything about it. Granted the wait is frustrating but not so much that I would bail on it. :(

SUMMITgirl 03-16-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfixxit7 (Post 376948)
The tracking system is great but it is not 100% accurate. I ordered my summit on the 10th of Jan. I was D status until the 5th of March and I went straight to I status. I never went D1, D2, E, F, or G.
I know it is not normal but it does happen. Maybe you are in the same boat.

I sure hope so! When the dealer pulled it up on his computer yesterday, of course it said D1, and he also showed me other Jeeps that he has on order that are in F and P (I think) showing they are in paint and frame shop. So I'm hoping that it is just a fluke with mine not changing, and it will go into "I" eventually... before the end of March hopefully. :rolleyes:

MikeD 03-16-2011 02:03 PM

I'm only at 30 days D status still, but it gives me a chance to see what the SRT8 will look like and I may go that route if it takes to long to get my Overland. Good Luck, hope you get your Jeep soon.

2liter 03-17-2011 06:45 AM

Well, my Overland went from order to D1 to built to staged for shipment in just a couple of weeks. My estimated delivery...March 7th. Now it just sits there in Michigan somewhere and the estimated delivery date just keeps changing every day. All they have to do is just get it on a train! So I am a little frustrated too...even though its only been a month or so since I placed the order, its tough now to wait since I KNOW ITS BUILT! Oh well.....

ibleedoil 03-17-2011 08:05 AM

Quote:

I think Jeep could learn a few things from BMW.

I think every car manufacturer could learn a few things from BMW.

netcoolery 03-17-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2liter (Post 377445)
Well, my Overland went from order to D1 to built to staged for shipment in just a couple of weeks. My estimated delivery...March 7th. Now it just sits there in Michigan somewhere and the estimated delivery date just keeps changing every day. All they have to do is just get it on a train! So I am a little frustrated too...even though its only been a month or so since I placed the order, its tough now to wait since I KNOW ITS BUILT! Oh well.....

I'm in the same situation. My order was placed back in January. My Jeep was built on 3/2 and it's just sitting somewhere in MI waiting to get on a train.

I'll be honest ... I've been pretty patient and pretty pro-Jeep up to now, but this (plus the ORG II tire issue) is starting to wear on my patience. I never thought I would consider canceling my order, but the first glimmerings of that thought are starting.

SUMMITgirl 03-17-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netcoolery (Post 377831)
I'm in the same situation. My order was placed back in January. My Jeep was built on 3/2 and it's just sitting somewhere in MI waiting to get on a train.

I'll be honest ... I've been pretty patient and pretty pro-Jeep up to now, but this (plus the ORG II tire issue) is starting to wear on my patience. I never thought I would consider canceling my order, but the first glimmerings of that thought are starting.

^ Don't you dare. :) Remember what you told me in a PM: "Hang in there"

Well I hung in there, I almost pooped myself (not really) LOL :) Take a guess what I just found out? The dealer ACTUALLY called me :eek:

I'M IN "I" STATUS!!! As of 17 March :thumbsup:

netcoolery 03-18-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by (:JgCoSgIrL:) (Post 378072)
^ Don't you dare. :) Remember what you told me in a PM: "Hang in there"

Well I hung in there, I almost pooped myself (not really) LOL :) Take a guess what I just found out? The dealer ACTUALLY called me :eek:

I'M IN "I" STATUS!!! As of 17 March :thumbsup:

You go girl!! Your Jeep is real now, not just a VIN!

And thanks for the pep talk :)

I guess it was just my frustration talking... Anyway, the "Jeep Gods" heard me and lo and behold my Jeep is moving:
Adv Ship Notice to Dest Ramp 03/17/2011 04:17 PM EDT Awhc - Toledo Ottawa South, OH

I think maybe that means it will get on a train in Toledo?

I know that when it gets here it's all going to be worth it.

FrankNJ1 03-21-2011 06:03 AM

Quote:

Too bad Jeep couldn't produce vehicles this quick. I called this morning 3/21 and my X5 is now in transit to the dealership when it was to actually start production today! That is what I call fast turn around for a ordered vehicle! Jeep please wake up! I wish the best of luck to all of you and getting your GC in a more timely manner.