Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Limited-Slip Overland V8 - standard or package? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/limited-slip-overland-v8-standard-or-package-20342.html)

ternst 03-16-2011 04:05 PM

Limited-Slip Overland V8 - standard or package?

Is the limited-slip rear axle standard on an Overland V8, or is the Off Road Adventure Group II required for this?

And while I'm asking dumb questions, what does the W and K stand for (I know it is the new model of the Jeep Grand Cherokee, but where does the W and K come from?).

Thanks!

wjs81866 03-16-2011 04:11 PM

Re: Limited-Slip Overland V8 - standard or package?

Limited slip rear is part of the Quadra Drive 2 system.

Quadra Drive 2 isn't standard on the Overland, it's an option that comes with the 5.7L Hemi package. If you bought a V6 you wouldnt get the quadra drive 2 with the limited slip rear.

ternst 03-16-2011 04:24 PM

Thanks, but I guess that was sort of what I asked - do you get the limited slip with the V8 Overland? Or do you have to get the Off Road II group as well? I've never seen an option to order the Quadra Drive II, only the V8, which is why I asked. Thanks...

Just to be clear, looking at the window stickers there is no Quadra Drive II listed for an Overland with the V8 Hemi, only Quadra Trac II; but when you add the Off Road II package then the Quadra Drive is listed.

LiquidOxygen 03-16-2011 05:01 PM

I wasn't sure with my overland at first either. When you start the vehicle it will say quadra drive II on the evic. Apparently it's standard with the v8.

LSIII 03-16-2011 05:30 PM

Quadra Drive II is standard on V8 Overlands, and only included on Laredo X and Limiteds with the V8 and Off-Road II package.

ternst 03-16-2011 06:13 PM

Thanks guys. Funny that it doesn't say anything about it on the sticker, nor on the Jeep web site that I could find. My dealer was no help since he told me it was standard on all Overlands, including the V6, which I knew was incorrect.

Anyone know about the W K?

chuckbernard 03-16-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ternst (Post 377119)
Thanks guys. Funny that it doesn't say anything about it on the sticker, nor on the Jeep web site that I could find. My dealer was no help since he told me it was standard on all Overlands, including the V6, which I knew was incorrect.

Anyone know about the W K?

The early window stickers all listed the Quadra Drive II when it was installed. Later they decided to confuse everyone and not list it anymore, even when it is installed.

When I went to the dealer to pick mine up I was not convinced that it in deed had Quadra Drive II until I started it up and saw the message on the display.

ternst 03-16-2011 06:56 PM

How odd. You would think they wanted to list all the features on the sticker, especially one as important as that, and certainly not REMOVE it once it had been included. There must be something to that but I wonder what? It is not listed as standard for the Overland V8 on the Jeep web page either as far as I can tell.