Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Those with Interior LED's (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/those-with-interior-leds-20360.html)

vstone 03-16-2011 09:53 PM

Those with Interior LED's

Whos got em? Did you have to use resistors? Is there anywhere that sells kits, Or do I have to buy all bulbs separate.. I looked in the dealers section and the flash whatever guy hasn't responded to anyone with quotes..

Also Turn signal and reverse LEDs Do they need resistors also?

Relwarc 03-16-2011 09:56 PM

Re: Those with Interior LED's

i have switchback turn signals and i needed them. I used a DIY writeup on here.

jasonjsl 03-16-2011 10:06 PM

do a search...you will find everythng you need to know brotha. you can pm me if you have specific questions you want to ask about

JDM12 03-16-2011 10:10 PM

You don't need resistors for your interior. Some people have their interior led remain on "dim" all the time. Seems to be only if you use led's for the entire circuit. Leave an incandescent in somewhere and the problem goes away. Or a single resistor would probably solve it.

DAVY27 03-16-2011 10:20 PM

i think u may need a resistor if you want ALL your bulbs inside to be LEDS. or you can just leave 1 stock and switch the rest to LEDs.i bought mine from vleds.com. you will need a resistor for the turn signals

vstone 03-16-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAVY27 (Post 377279)
i think u may need a resistor if you want ALL your bulbs inside to be LEDS. or you can just leave 1 stock and switch the rest to LEDs.i bought mine from vleds.com. you will need a resistor for the turn signals

Thank you, you answered the questions I asked.. I took a look at Vleds but their are so many different types of each Led. Shit is confusing. They are pricy to so Ill prob just leave mine.

B.P.O.D 03-16-2011 11:05 PM

v-leds does throw around 15-20% coupons from time to time. you can buy cheaper leds from ebay but they wont last as long.

if you change every bulb in your interior you will have a slight glow. if you leave your trunk light stock then you will not have the glow. if you want the trunk light led with all th other lights led then you will need a resistor.

the dual turns need a resistor for each bulb no matter what. that has to be mounted in your engine bay and has to have good contact w/metal for heat dispersion.

White Chocolate 03-16-2011 11:19 PM

since no one has said it, contact steve at xenondepot...thats where i got mine from

BOYCHIKS 03-16-2011 11:52 PM

Just put my interior LED's in the other day... Nothing needed except 10 minutes. haha

Maybe an extra fuse, as I blew mine.

White Chocolate 03-16-2011 11:54 PM

lol johnny how did you blow a fuse lolllll

Scottina06 03-17-2011 12:14 AM

^^^^he didnt take the neg off the battery....lol

jasonjsl 03-17-2011 01:59 AM

Xenon depot is the way to go for sure!