Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Sirius Trial Subscription?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/sirius-trial-subscription-20362.html)

Frank TJ 03-16-2011 10:04 PM

Sirius Trial Subscription??

Got a letter in the mail today saying that my subscription expires in April... WTF??? This was supposed to be a one year subscription according to the window sticker. Just got the jeep on Jan 12,2011. Anyone else gotten one of these letters?

pwguy 03-16-2011 10:21 PM

Re: Sirius Trial Subscription??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank TJ (Post 377266)
Got a letter in the mail today saying that my subscription expires in April... WTF??? This was supposed to be a one year subscription according to the window sticker. Just got the jeep on Jan 12,2011. Anyone else gotten one of these letters?

I did. I contacted my salesman. He said the letter is in error. I told him if I get cut off I will be back to complain. Not a very big deal to me if I get cut off for a couple of days.

Slckevin 03-16-2011 11:41 PM

Call your dealer and mention it to them. They will need to contact sirius and will have to up your package to a year plan that will start after the current one expires ( in your case April 2012).

Cperez 03-17-2011 08:17 AM

Odds are that it's a wasted step to go through the dealer for a Sirius subscription issue. I got a letter and just dialed up Sirius. It was taken care of in a few short minutes.

Of course if you have an outstanding dealer and are confident that they can resolve it without a bunch of back and forth, go for it. IMO it was much more efficient to just handle it on my own w/Sirius.

ernstmfg 03-28-2011 12:01 PM

called sirius and they said to contact my dealer!

mofeen 03-28-2011 03:48 PM

I purchased mine March 3. I called Sirius and they said it expired April 2011. One call to the dealer and salesman and it was solved a few days later.

wynnrs 03-28-2011 05:42 PM

What my brother told me: When the time finally comes to renew, call and express dissatifaction. His claim, and why doubt a brother, even a younger one, is that the person trying to get you to renew is working from a script and if you use certain key words they will provide the service at 1/2 cost. Don't use my name.

Tinkan 03-28-2011 10:49 PM

Funny this one came to the top today. Got into my Overland today and found all my stations were set back to Weather which was uppsetting as I spent Sunday setting the system up. I thought ...ohoh here comes the troubles.

I called the 1-888 number displayed on the screen and asked why it was off and the young girl from the PI said it was expired and that the numkber of the radio was not valid for a year and not at all for the Travel Link. She did offer 3 month trial.... boy oh boy was I hot... I have had XM for years and am just sick of their customer service and the lack of a understanding of customer service. They just plain old SUCK. It has been normal for me to let it expire every year for a day or two so they call and always offer the full package for less then $100.

After getting no place with the young lady I did call my dealer who is four hours away and they said they would take care of it. They did ask if Sirius offered to sell it to me. That was at 2 PM today and it is still off.

Between the Travel Link not working and the Sirius being turned off on day 6 of ownership as well as the NON-Off Road Tires I am going to just love the call that should come any day now from Jeep customer service.

UPDATE: Dealer took care of in in about 2 hours. Now if they can sort out my Off Road tires they will be stellar.

Breitling65 03-29-2011 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cperez (Post 377475)
Odds are that it's a wasted step to go through the dealer for a Sirius subscription issue. I got a letter and just dialed up Sirius. It was taken care of in a few short minutes.

Of course if you have an outstanding dealer and are confident that they can resolve it without a bunch of back and forth, go for it. IMO it was much more efficient to just handle it on my own w/Sirius.

There is no such thing as outstanding Jeep dealer, they are all cr.p! :mad:

CaptPat 03-29-2011 05:51 AM

I called Sirius and they extended the subscription for a year. But in general I agree their customer service is AWFUL. I have 3 different Sirius/XM radios and they don't allow managing them from with web with one username and password :mad:

md44 03-29-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breitling65 (Post 384978)
There is no such thing as outstanding Jeep dealer, they are all cr.p! :mad:

I could not agree more - but why does it have to be that way?

2011RitterGC 03-29-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank TJ (Post 377266)

I just got the same letter. I was on the phone for 45 minites with them. They told me I had Sirius Traffice for one year but Sirius Radio only for 3 months. The other interesting fact is that I recevied a letter 2 weeks ealier that stated I had both fro 12 months. We will see what happens on April 27th.