Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Subs,amp, and enclosure (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/subs-amp-and-enclosure-20386.html)

ONEbadHEEPtruck 03-17-2011 12:48 PM

Subs,amp, and enclosure

I'm goingto be getting subs an amp and a enclosure for the subs from Bestbuy so can anyone visittheir website and tell me good ones to get and then just link them here. And also I might just get 1 12" type r bc I don't want the bass to be crazy

draft6969 03-17-2011 02:20 PM

Re: Subs,amp, and enclosure

Any reason best buy? much better prices can be had on the net. but if you just need to get them from there there are many options from price, quality, wattage, ect... you need to list a price range, if you are looking for good sound, or just loud, wattage ect...

White Chocolate 03-17-2011 02:23 PM

Honestly bro! Your better off to do some research on which brand you would like to go with.

Its hard to give you any info on what you should get, since we dont know your budget, etc.

I went with a 15" Type R with a custom enclosure, and a 1500W amp, however, like I said, you need to do some research..

why bestbuy?

ONEbadHEEPtruck 03-17-2011 02:57 PM

I wok at Bestbuy so I figured I get everything from there and I hear the type r 12" is really good but I just don't know what amp to use and what enclosure for the subs.. And do I need to swap out my stock 08 wk radio deck to use the subs or can I keep it in

White Chocolate 03-17-2011 04:26 PM

You can keep it.

Would you ever go with 2 12s?

ONEbadHEEPtruck 03-17-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 377834)
You can keep it.

Would you ever go with 2 12s?

idk im probably going to get two amps. one for my speakers the (monochannel amp) and for my sub i would get another amp (multi channel) incase i decide to get another sub

White Chocolate 03-17-2011 06:13 PM

you can run two subs of 1 mono channel amp

GR33N D3M0N 03-17-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONEbadHEEPtruck (Post 377852)
idk im probably going to get two amps. one for my speakers the (monochannel amp) and for my sub i would get another amp (multi channel) incase i decide to get another sub

you got that mixed up, i'm pretty sure that you need a mono for a sub, and multi for the rest of the speakers...

hook your JG brothers up with a bb discount ;) haha

ONEbadHEEPtruck 03-17-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GR33N D3M0N (Post 377887)
you got that mixed up, i'm pretty sure that you need a mono for a sub, and multi for the rest of the speakers...

hook your JG brothers up with a bb discount ;) haha

hahaahaha sry wish i could u prob could get them cheaper online anyways lol and is it mono for the subs and multi for the speakers, and how many watts for each amp should i get and whats two good amps to get

White Chocolate 03-18-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ONEbadHEEPtruck (Post 378037)
hahaahaha sry wish i could u prob could get them cheaper online anyways lol and is it mono for the subs and multi for the speakers, and how many watts for each amp should i get and whats two good amps to get

Depends on the sub. Are you 100% sure you will be getting 1 12" Alpine Type R??

Its all dependant on what sub your gettin bro.

I would always get an amp that is BIGGER then needed, for future projects, incase you feel the need to upgrade your subwoofer.

ONEbadHEEPtruck 03-18-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 378324)
Depends on the sub. Are you 100% sure you will be getting 1 12" Alpine Type R??

Its all dependant on what sub your gettin bro.

I would always get an amp that is BIGGER then needed, for future projects, incase you feel the need to upgrade your subwoofer.

Yea im pretty positive that im getting the type R unless you recommend another sub.

White Chocolate 03-19-2011 01:22 AM

if I was to purchase a 12" and only go with ONE sub, I would step up to the Type X