Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   Help with Dual color blinker LEDs (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/help-with-dual-color-blinker-leds-2041.html)

eddiefig 08-12-2009 07:12 PM

Help with Dual color blinker LEDs

Actually, a little more help than just that. I have what I need. Dual color LEDs and Resistor. I also bought LED side markers. How the hell do you change those side marker bulbs? I know I can take the battery and tray out for the parking/blinker light but that side marker looks like a biotch. I'm not too comfortable with taking the fascia off. Has anyone else had to change that side marker?

Robert Palmer 08-12-2009 07:30 PM

Re: Help with Dual color blinker LEDs

Frankie did this mod. PM him Eddie.

Frankie 08-12-2009 08:09 PM

http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=7

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Although I didnt mess with the side markers since I have the Stillens on!

TimmyB 08-24-2009 09:57 PM

Keep us posted when you get the duals installed. Right now im having issues with mine still, where when i turn the blinker off the white does not come on for a minute. The white will also shut off on its own and come back on after a minute. Im stumped. I have the 3 ohm 50 watt resistors installed.

robpp 08-24-2009 10:04 PM

eddie has them working.

i posted a diagram somewhere.

or ask eddie to explain.

TimmyB 08-24-2009 10:11 PM

I have been driving around with them not working properly for months now, but have no idea what to do to fix this issue. But dam they look great and match my 6500K perfect when actually on, and the amber color is sweet when blinking.

Kinda on topic, has anyone else noticed there interior led's failing one by one and needing to replace them? I just had my front dome and rear passenger led's start strobing on me over the weekend and had to replace them. I thought led's last forever, thats why they are worth the extra $$? Im not finding that at all. I think they suck now. and might go back to stock bulbs because of having to replace them all the time.

Frankie 08-24-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyB (Post 51550)
I have been driving around with them not working properly for months now, but have no idea what to do to fix this issue. But dam they look great and match my 6500K perfect when actually on, and the amber color is sweet when blinking.

Kinda on topic, has anyone else noticed there interior led's failing one by one and needing to replace them? I just had my front dome and rear passenger led's start strobing on me over the weekend and had to replace them. I thought led's last forever, thats why they are worth the extra $$? Im not finding that at all. I think they suck now. and might go back to stock bulbs because of having to replace them all the time.

IDK man...And Yes, Thats why I was trying to get your old set! LOL

TimmyB 08-24-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxSTUGOTSxox (Post 51551)
IDK man...And Yes, Thats why I was trying to get your old set! LOL

I have a small bag with extra led's. I seem to be eating thru them now though. I have no more front dome festoon replacements, and a couple T10's still.

I do like the T10 1 watt white led's, and see on ebay they have a 1.5 watt out now. So I will be stocking up. The 1 watt flank style led's are great for licence plates and the rear passengers.

I get them off wardenjp on ebay, seems best prices and nice white colors.

Frankie 08-24-2009 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyB (Post 51555)
I have a small bag with extra led's. I seem to be eating thru them now though. I have no more front dome festoon replacements, and a couple T10's still.

I do like the T10 1 watt white led's, and see on ebay they have a 1.5 watt out now. So I will be stocking up. The 1 watt flank style led's are great for licence plates and the rear passengers.

I get them off wardenjp on ebay, seems best prices and nice white colors.

Im still rocking the orig ones that we got!

Grandcherokee51 08-25-2009 07:58 AM

^Me too (knock on wood) vleds FTW

White WK Swagga 08-25-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandcherokee51 (Post 51641)
^Me too (knock on wood) vleds FTW

X2, I swapped every bulb including glove box, license plate, cargo door, under dash, visor, map, and second row with V-LED's and no problem ever. Had them for a few months. All I needed was a resistor.

eddiefig 08-25-2009 04:28 PM

These damn things will cooperate. I've changed resistors to different Ohms. I've swapped for new bulbs. Nothing. The thing is that when the parking (white) light is on too long, the resistor gets too hot and shuts down. Its drawing power from somewhere and overheating. I have all my electrical techs at work concerned and tryin to help me out. I really want these friggin things to work.