Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Heater Core Replacement Questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/heater-core-replacement-questions-20438.html)

JETLIFE 03-18-2011 11:59 AM

Heater Core Replacement Questions

1 Attachment(s)
My heater core went the other day. I have a puddle of coolant on my passenger foot-well, all of my windows fog up, it was actually blowing what looked like fog out of my defroster which I'm assuming is leaking coolant being vaporized and blown into the jeep, coolant is slowly draining.

So I went and bought a new heater core from the dealer and I've found a good set of instructions which i will attach.

This is the only page I could find online, and there is one part that tells me to refer to another section about (Refer to 24 - HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING/CONTROLS/ACTUATOR-BLEND DOOR - REMOVAL) I'm confused with whether or not I need to remove that part or not? Is there another full set of instructions to remove that section?

I'm going to do the replacement myself to save about $800 in labor.

If anyone has done this or if you have any insight or instructions I would appreciate the help. I need to get this done ASAP as it's my daily driver.

Thanks in advance!

MYYassin221 03-20-2011 10:27 PM

Re: Heater Core Replacement Questions

Mine just went out today can I ask how how much you paid for the part?

brandonmillsap 06-15-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .moneen. (Post 378272)
My heater core went the other day. I have a puddle of coolant on my passenger foot-well, all of my windows fog up, it was actually blowing what looked like fog out of my defroster which I'm assuming is leaking coolant being vaporized and blown into the jeep, coolant is slowly draining.

So I went and bought a new heater coil from the dealer and I've found a good set of instructions which i will attach.

This is the only page I could find online, and there is one part that tells me to refer to another section about (Refer to 24 - HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING/CONTROLS/ACTUATOR-BLEND DOOR - REMOVAL) I'm confused with whether or not I need to remove that part or not? Is there another full set of instructions to remove that section?

I'm going to do the replacement myself to save about $800 in labor.

If anyone has done this or if you have any insight or instructions I would appreciate the help. I need to get this done ASAP as it's my daily driver.

Thanks in advance!

I am thankful to find this thread as I am also looking for solutions with regards to my heater core. I was curious as how much it would cost for a replacement. Thanks.

JETLIFE 06-16-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonmillsap (Post 431685)
I am thankful to find this thread as I am also looking for solutions with regards to my heater core. I was curious as how much it would cost for a replacement. Thanks.

I did the heater core replacement with a friend of mine in my driveway. I got the heater core replacement from my local dealer, I believe it was about $90 CAD? cant remember exactly.

One thing I can recomend doing which made this way easier is to not pull the entire dash off. It's kinda hard to explain but think of the WK dash as 2 pieces, (drivers side, pass side) those two sides are connected by very thin tabs of plastic behind the center stack. So rather than pulling the whole drivers side off, I simply cut the tab. It's literally about 1/4" x 1/4". It doesn't affect how the dash is attached to the vehicle. It saved me hours of time. But you'll see for yourself when you get the center stack out and make your own decision. The whole process took about 3 hours or so.

Also, when I was in there I replaced my blend door actuators. My jeep at the time would only blow hot or cold, no in between.

Hope that helps! Good luck! :thumbsup:

dr.lee.baugh 06-17-2011 06:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I do believe the blend door actuator has to come out. Instructions below.

JETLIFE 06-17-2011 07:30 AM

Ya it does.

alabama.crimson.tide88 07-08-2014 02:08 AM

Okay I replaced my heater core and put everything back together and its still leaking, any ideas about that? I have some what pulled the passenger side dash apart to see where it's leaking from and it looks still like the heater core.