Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   Borla Cat-back with skid plates? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/borla-cat-back-with-skid-plates-20453.html)

binford6100 03-18-2011 06:23 PM

Borla Cat-back with skid plates?

I'm interested in purchasing the Borla system for my 2011 GC Hemi but wanted to know if the system would fit with the skid plates installed.

The Magnaflow web site clearly states their their cat-back system will not fit with the factory skid plates. Since I could not find anything on Borla's site to confirm fitment, I decided to leave a message asking about it. It seems they have not tested this yet either and are looking for a test vehicle near Oxnard, CA.

Has anyone installed any of the cat-back systems with skid plates and if so, were there fitment issues that could be worked through?

Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 4:33 PM
To: xxxxxxxxx@att.net
Subject: RE: BorlaR Website - General Question - Cat-back exhaust system fit

Thanks for your interest in Borla. This has been asked…Our development vehicle was stock without skid plates.
We have no confirmation that there’s interference at this time. We have plans to check this accessory.
Perhaps you know of an owner local to our facility in Oxnard,CA?

Sincerely,

Alvin Tolosa
Project Manager
alvint@borla.com

Borla Performance Industries
701 Arcturus Avenue
Oxnard, California 93033 USA
Direct line (805)246-6038
Fax (805)986-8940
www.borla.com

Dougcjohn 03-18-2011 09:51 PM

Re: Borla Cat-back with skid plates?

I also checked & called Borla during my selection of CatBack; received a similar response.

You didn't mention you're examining Corsa, but for info I checked before purchasing Corsa concerning skidplates & fitting.

<email communication with Corsa Sales Rep>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 13:41:54 +0000
Subject: RE: CORSA Tech Support
Doug,
No worries…our kit will fit with the skid plates! We did not know about this option when we started, but ordered a set, installed them and made the changes needed to make the kit.
Enjoy!
Jim

RyeGuy 03-19-2011 05:55 PM

Only manufacturer that states that it will fit with the skid plates is Corsa. However Moose has the Borla system and I think he has the Skid Plates, but don't quote me on that. It won't be to long before he comments here. lol

RyeGuy 03-19-2011 05:59 PM

P.S. My Corsa System should be delivered and installed by the beginning of MAY!

dnizzle2010 03-19-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougcjohn (Post 378662)
I also checked & called Borla during my selection of CatBack; received a similar response.

You didn't mention you're examining Corsa, but for info I checked before purchasing Corsa concerning skidplates & fitting.

<email communication with Corsa Sales Rep>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 13:41:54 +0000
Subject: RE: CORSA Tech Support
Doug,
No worries…our kit will fit with the skid plates! We did not know about this option when we started, but ordered a set, installed them and made the changes needed to make the kit.
Enjoy!
Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyeGuy (Post 379010)
P.S. My Corsa System should be delivered and installed by the beginning of MAY!

I called all three as I'm in the process of selecting. Corsa, at least based on what they all told me, is the only one that will fit with the skid plates. Corsa also appeared (by far) to have the most knowledge about drone cancellation, and none of the three really knew much about the WK2. Corsa pointed me to the folks @ Arrington, I may just work with them to do a few upgrades. Corsa I believe makes their name w/Vettes, but have several other applications to their credit.

Dougcjohn 03-19-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnizzle2010 (Post 379149)
I called all three as I'm in the process of selecting. Corsa, at least based on what they all told me, is the only one that will fit with the skid plates. Corsa also appeared (by far) to have the most knowledge about drone cancellation, and none of the three really knew much about the WK2. Corsa pointed me to the folks @ Arrington, I may just work with them to do a few upgrades. Corsa I believe makes their name w/Vettes, but have several other applications to their credit.

I've got the Corsa, laying on floor waiting for Jeep. Package was foam packed and everything included. Visually the system looks great, as other Corsa I've owned in past. Chrome Tips, Welds, bends & brackets all quality work, and all mounts are based on OEM locations. You're correct, the Corsa works hard to eliminate Drone (past experience). Hopfully the sound will be great too... I should know that by mid-April.

dnizzle2010 03-20-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougcjohn (Post 379168)
I've got the Corsa, laying on floor waiting for Jeep. Package was foam packed and everything included. Visually the system looks great, as other Corsa I've owned in past. Chrome Tips, Welds, bends & brackets all quality work, and all mounts are based on OEM locations. You're correct, the Corsa works hard to eliminate Drone (past experience). Hopfully the sound will be great too... I should know that by mid-April.

Appreciate if you could keep me posted here on end results, etc. You will be a few weeks ahead (I'm still D1, etc.) and I'm in active planning here w/the performance shops, etc. Thanks

Dougcjohn 03-20-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnizzle2010 (Post 379461)
Appreciate if you could keep me posted here on end results, etc. You will be a few weeks ahead (I'm still D1, etc.) and I'm in active planning here w/the performance shops, etc. Thanks

Sure Thing, I'll update with any news. Picking up the 4 skids & Tow Hooks this week from the powder coat shop! Should look great!