Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Car Seat Question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/car-seat-question-20467.html)

mofeen 03-18-2011 11:04 PM

Car Seat Question

The recent thread on one members Overland's seats showing very early wear made me think of this question.

I have a brand new Overland Black/Saddle. It has about 300 miles on it, and everything is still perfect. I WANT to keep it as close as possible, at least for a while! Anyway, my wife and I are expecting our first child in two months. We have obviously been doing a lot of shopping, and one of those items is a car seat. I have been looking at the Recaro ProRide. As car nut, Recaro is obviously a name I recognize, and they will obviously be very safe and look good as well.

I was just wondering for those who use a car seat in their Overland on a daily basis, have you noticed any premature wear on your seats, or what do you do to prevent any wear from the seat? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

LiquidOxygen 03-18-2011 11:29 PM

Re: Car Seat Question

We put a small fuzzy blanket on the seat cushion and then the car seat on top of that. Its just barely the same size as the base so you hardly see it. Protects the seat perfectly. 3000km and it looks new under there.

bosca418 03-18-2011 11:52 PM

I have the Recaro pro ride and my wife and I love it. Can't wait to put it in the jeep when it gets here. The extra space would help.

MeanDean 03-19-2011 12:24 AM

I put one of these under our baby's car seat. Definitely worth $15!

Jeep Car Seat Undermat

Frank G 03-19-2011 03:55 AM

Thanks Dean, Just ordered 2 from amazon.

We have our first baby due May 1st and certainly want to keep my wifes 09 KK and My WK in top shape.

KITSOS 03-19-2011 04:28 AM

Might as well do the same, our boy is due may 3rd

Jpjr 03-19-2011 06:26 AM

now if they would only throw in a set of hooks specially for the middle seat.... assuming they still don't

ternst 03-19-2011 07:10 AM

I don't really want to be a baby, but I'm looking for a front pocket for my driver's seat - I had one in a Volvo or Saturn or something and really loved it. Since I rarely use my wallet and phone it made a great place to store those items yet keep them within easy reach and mostly out of sight. This baby seat undermat looks perfect for the front pocket part, but can anyone tell me how thick the seat part is - i.e., would it be comfortable to sit on or is it filled with padding? Or is there something else made that creates a front pocket for the seat? Our baby just turned 18 and will be headed off to college this summer...

tfinan 03-19-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ternst (Post 378759)
I'm looking for a front pocket for my driver's seat - I had one in a Volvo or Saturn or something and really loved it.

Our 96 saab 900 se had that pocket. It was great for wallets and cell phones especially since there was only one inch of coin shelf and no real cup holder.

here are some other options to sitting on the seat protector: http://www.cargogear.com/Shop_By_Cat...ge=all&cat=182

http://www.officedepot.com/a/product...ganizer-Black/

MikeD 03-19-2011 12:19 PM

We have a little girl due in July, I'll be buying two of those for our cars, thanks for the link!

Bign1976 03-19-2011 05:56 PM

Just a FYI, If you install it with the right amount of tightness, you will get indents in the seat. It is not recommened that you put anything under the car seat or carseat base because it can slide around. I just removed the car seat base from both our 11 jeep and 10 town and country both had indents in the seat. The van had more indents because the car seat has been in there longer and it is leather.

MeanDean 03-20-2011 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bign1976 (Post 379009)
Just a FYI, If you install it with the right amount of tightness, you will get indents in the seat. It is not recommened that you put anything under the car seat or carseat base because it can slide around. I just removed the car seat base from both our 11 jeep and 10 town and country both had indents in the seat. The van had more indents because the car seat has been in there longer and it is leather.

I'm not sure I understand your issue with the undermat as it is specifically designed to prevent indents and abnormal wear to the seat. They also have an anti-slip bottom to prevent the car seat sliding around.

I found this undermat to be the most acceptable solution and, at only $15, it's certainly worth a try.