Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Can't hear 430n Nav instructions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/cant-hear-430n-nav-instructions-20493.html)

dsmith14 03-19-2011 01:09 PM

Can't hear 430n Nav instructions

When the 430n Nav voice comes on, all speakers lower except the ones on the passenger side. They remain at the same volume. Because of this I cannot hear the Nav turn by turn instructions. Any way to fix this?

dckcentuar 03-19-2011 01:27 PM

Re: Can't hear 430n Nav instructions

Try turning up volume button when that happens (when nave is doing turn by Turn)it will turn the nave volume up only and not the radio I hope that helps . Also double check in settings that Voice turn by Turn is On .

dsmith14 03-19-2011 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dckcentuar (Post 378906)
Try turning up volume button when that happens (when nave is doing turn by Turn)it will turn the nave volume up only and not the radio I hope that helps . Also double check in settings that Voice turn by Turn is On .

I do have the Voice turn by turn On. The Nav does give the turn by turn directions. However, the passenger side speakers are at the same volume and make the directions impossible to understand.

The volume of all speakers do lower when I am on the Bluetooth phone connection.

mjw930 03-19-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmith14 (Post 378945)
I do have the Voice turn by turn On. The Nav does give the turn by turn directions. However, the passenger side speakers are at the same volume and make the directions impossible to understand.

The volume of all speakers do lower when I am on the Bluetooth phone connection.

The volume of the voice needs to be 20+ or you won't be able to hear it over the radio if it's over 12 or so. You are correct, it doesn't mute completely like the phone so you have to find a compromise or realize that if you are blasting the radio the nav will not be able to overcome it.

Cherodude 03-19-2011 06:33 PM

I wish there was an option to have the NAV instructions take priority, so all radio or iPod sources would be entirely muted (or paused) when the NAV voice was active. Maybe something to hope for in a future software update?

BikerBill7 03-13-2012 02:14 PM

I came across your post while looking for a different "volume" issue. I realize your post is almost a year old, but I didn't see an answer to your issue / problem. If it's still an issue, here's my response...

The volume knob adjusts the volume for the device you're listening to. When listening to the radio, notice the volume number. Let's say it's 12. When the GPS directions are being given, you'll see the volume number changed to something like 4. While the directions are being given, turn up the volume to 15. The GPS will remember volume 15. And the radio will stay at 12. Same thing with bluetooth cell phone. Turn up the volume control for that too. Your system will remember the numbers for the devices.

angiebaby 04-09-2012 03:36 PM

I had the same issue. Thanks for asking about it and thanks for the response.