Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   Right hand drive WK2 in the UK today. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/right-hand-drive-wk2-in-the-uk-today-20533.html)

MIKE SRT8 03-20-2011 05:03 PM

Right hand drive WK2 in the UK today.

3 Attachment(s)
I was invited to a preview of the new WK2 Overland today. This is probably the first right hand drive we have seen. Please excuse the cell phone pics. I must really get a Nokia N8!;) Anyway I thought you might like to see it.

White Chocolate 03-20-2011 05:10 PM

Re: Right hand drive WK2 in the UK today.

BADass, I wish I could import a RHD WK lol

Frank G 03-20-2011 07:30 PM

You would think a "JEEP" would in nature be a left hand drive vehicle.

Why should an American car company waiver to the English? After all if it were not for the USA and the JEEP the English would be speaking German.

Just an observation!!!

silver04 03-20-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank G (Post 379588)

Why should an American car company waiver to the English? After all if it were not for the USA and the JEEP the English would be speaking German.

Just an observation!!!

:lol: Good point, have you seen what Germany has been doing? It could still happen:eek:

MIKE SRT8 03-21-2011 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank G (Post 379588)

Just an observation!!!

Why shouldn't Jeep cater for the English by producing RHD vehicles. They make dollars for them by doing so and there are many more countries that drive on the left besides the UK,opening up more markets for profit. Over here the Overland costs around £43000 that should make a good profit for Jeep and if I recall did not the Germans have quite a say in running things for a while?
Car production needs a global market to survive nowadays, the more they can sell the better.

StoneCold 03-21-2011 04:40 AM

Wir alle sprechen Deutsch irgendwie und Jeep ist ausgezeichnet und die europaer ist gebaut ins Ostereich! Was wirklich Mit dem Jeep fährt, müssen darüber sagen?!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the SRT8 was only available in LHD in the UK for a while. They obviously brought out RHD for a reason.

Frank G 03-21-2011 06:10 AM

Mike, Economically your correct! I just find it "funny" THE MIGHTY JEEP!!! is offered in Right Hand Drive.

Somethings should remain true to heart!!!

Marlin 03-21-2011 07:40 AM

What a ridiculous and foolish thing to say.
Are you eight?

JDM12 03-21-2011 08:12 AM

So what you're saying is that...since the US intervened in a war 70 years ago, everyone should either bow down to our left hand drive standards or not have access to any of our vehicles. I just got secondhand embarrassment from your comment.

AAAA 03-21-2011 11:14 AM

It has right hand drive because they drive on the left. Driving on the left should be the point of your arguement instead!

Nouveau Redneck 03-21-2011 01:20 PM

They sell a good number of RHD Liberty models here in the USA, mainly to rural mail carriers.

i0r15 03-21-2011 03:11 PM

I don't see how a RHD Jeep would change the essence of itself.....

You eat rice with a fork do ya?