Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides-Showoff (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/)
-   -   TINKAN's Overland and Day -1 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/tinkans-overland-and-day-1-a-20576.html)

Tinkan 03-21-2011 03:15 PM

TINKAN's Overland and Day 10

1 Attachment(s)
So it is T minus 1 day, well actually around 20 hours or so.

My Black with Saddle Overland with all the fix’ns minus the Summit badge has made it out of the rail yard and is now at the dealers where she will get new wheels and some additional extras to finish her off before I take delivery.

My sales person (April) has been the best and knows how impatient I am and how much I am looking forward to taking delivery but I agreed to give them a day to finish up with it. She did send me a quick picture which will be the first of many that I will post.

It is a four hour drive to Avondale, AZ and a four hour drive back home to Hereford, AZ so I want to spend as little time as possible at the dealership and will get home late I am sure.

I will fill everyone in on how it goes on Wednesday and will provide pictures.

ilber 03-21-2011 03:26 PM

Re: TINKAN's Overland and Day -1

congrats!
but why is dealership jacking your wheels? :) i kid, i kid.

Tinkan 03-21-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilber (Post 379976)
congrats!
but why is dealership jacking your wheels? :) i kid, i kid.

You have seen that comerical where they have four bug guys ... Well I am trading the wheels in for four of them female football players...
They are doing the add ons of mudflaps, new black wheels and foglight chrome. It will look like a Summit, Smell like a Summit... but it won't be a Summit.

They had better not scratch it...

jgc4ever 03-21-2011 03:39 PM

Were you able to swap out 20" painted rims for 20" bright polished factory rims? And if so, then how much $MONEY did they need to upgrade those wheels?

Tinkan 03-21-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 379987)
Were you able to swap out 20" painted rims for 20" bright polished factory rims? And if so, then how much $MONEY did they need to upgrade those wheels?

No I have the Off Road II so it is 18" wheels for me. I purchased the Mopar black rims and will keep the chrome ones for later. Dealer cut me a real good deal and put it into the finance.

Dan JGC 03-21-2011 05:31 PM

Congrats....hey, is that a small dent on the front door panel by the chrome strip?

JUST KIDDING! LOL

Looks great...I thought maybe you got the clear wheels and tires along with the Super Quadra-Lift! LOL

Tinkan 03-21-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan JGC (Post 380051)
Congrats....hey, is that a small dent on the front door panel by the chrome strip?

JUST KIDDING! LOL

Looks great...I thought maybe you got the clear wheels and tires along with the Super Quadra-Lift! LOL

Wait.... that is not the Quad-Floor_lift???? What the heck did I pay for then???

Tinkan 03-21-2011 08:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dealer sent a new picture. Someone needs to get her a camera.
So looking forward to the morning.

K9jackie 03-21-2011 09:39 PM

congrats!!

Tinkan 03-23-2011 12:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked her (yes my overland is a her) up today after a long drive to Avondale, AZ and back. Spent about 2 hours at the dealer and about an hour dealing with the parts department.

I will take pictures later but here is one showing off the new wheels. They did not turn out to bad on the black.

Dan JGC 03-23-2011 12:15 AM

^^^ Excellent!!! I've been waiting to hear from you....glad to see all is good!

White Chocolate 03-23-2011 12:46 AM

looks amazing yo!