Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Oil change and PCV valve change (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/oil-change-and-pcv-valve-change-20583.html)

JeepCoop 03-21-2011 05:23 PM

Oil change and PCV valve change
 
Just switched back from Royal Purple to Mobile 1 and it's sooooooooooo much better. Also changed the PCV valve since I'm at 55k. Was gonna do the EGR valve too, but it started raining. I'll do that plus the spark plugs next week. Def a noticeable change from PCV valve and fresh oil. (my Jeep HATED RP!!)

jeepgcoman 03-21-2011 07:43 PM

Re: Oil change and PCV valve change
 
Cool, let us know how it goes. Cut about 3/16 in. off the bolt that's hard to get out and chamfer the treads real well, and also sand/file/grind the little lip off the bolt head. This will make the change next time (if there is one for you) much easier.

Chaoul1 03-21-2011 07:51 PM

Re: Oil change and PCV valve change
 
Let me know when you change the EGR Valve! I have to change my PCV Valve asap! Where did you buy your PCV Valve from?

JeepCoop 03-21-2011 08:05 PM

Re: Oil change and PCV valve change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepgcoman (Post 380130)
Cool, let us know how it goes. Cut about 3/16 in. off the bolt that's hard to get out and chamfer the treads real well, and also sand/file/grind the little lip off the bolt head. This will make the change next time (if there is one for you) much easier.

Thanks maing! I read your post before so I'm DEF going to do that! I'll let you know how it goes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 380136)
Let me know when you change the EGR Valve! I have to change my PCV Valve asap! Where did you buy your PCV Valve from?

I got mine from www.rockauto.com, Paul! It came SUPER fast and was a super easy install. Mine def needed it at 55k.

I also ordered the sweet DiabloSport catch can and will do that w/ my EGR. As soon as it stops dumping buckets of water here in SoCal.

:boobies:

iJeep 03-21-2011 08:10 PM

Re: Oil change and PCV valve change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregums79 (Post 380043)
Just switched back from Royal Purple to Mobile 1 and it's sooooooooooo much better. Also changed the PCV valve since I'm at 55k. Was gonna do the EGR valve too, but it started raining. I'll do that plus the spark plugs next week. Def a noticeable change from PCV valve and fresh oil. (my Jeep HATED RP!!)

It might feels better because you change the PCV valve. Royal Purple is much better oil then M1.

JeepCoop 03-21-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iJeep (Post 380148)
It might feels better because you change the PCV valve. Royal Purple is much better oil then M1.

I'll say the combo fo sho but my Jeep didn't like RP at all. MDS kicked in harder and it didn't ride as smooth. Just my opinion :)

jeepgcoman 03-21-2011 10:05 PM

Re: Oil change and PCV valve change
 
Gregums79, where you at down there? I grew up in Burbank by all the studios and lived in Northridge, Granada Hills, and Chatsworth before bailing out for greener pastures. LOL, is the speed limit still 3-5 mph on the freeways during rush hour?

JeepCoop 03-21-2011 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepgcoman (Post 380257)
Gregums79, where you at down there? I grew up in Burbank by all the studios and lived in Northridge, Granada Hills, and Chatsworth before bailing out for greener pastures. LOL, is the speed limit still 3-5 mph on the freeways during rush hour?

Nice!! I'm in Woodland Hills, which is really close to Chatsworth. The speed limit is def still 3-5 mph but pretty much all the time!!! Hahaha what made you move??

dmsfun 03-22-2011 10:16 AM

Re: Oil change and PCV valve change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by iJeep (Post 380148)
It might feels better because you change the PCV valve. Royal Purple is much better oil then M1.


If you are using RP, switch to another full synth oil, and you will see the difference. I ran RP for 2 oil changes and will never run it again. Now using Valvoline Synpower and it is far smoother than RP; the MDS was also very rough using RP, and since switching to Valvoline the transistions are so smooth I do not even notice when it kicks on and off.

JeepCoop 03-22-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 380483)
If you are using RP, switch to another full synth oil, and you will see the difference. I ran RP for 2 oil changes and will never run it again. Now using Valvoline Synpower and it is far smoother than RP; the MDS was also very rough using RP, and since switching to Valvoline the transistions are so smooth I do not even notice when it kicks on and off.

Yup felt the exact same way about the RP. No bueno haha

iJeep 03-22-2011 12:23 PM

Re: Oil change and PCV valve change
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 380483)
If you are using RP, switch to another full synth oil, and you will see the difference. I ran RP for 2 oil changes and will never run it again. Now using Valvoline Synpower and it is far smoother than RP; the MDS was also very rough using RP, and since switching to Valvoline the transistions are so smooth I do not even notice when it kicks on and off.

Well, if you want to cruse around on a smooth ride why bother driving a Jeep or spending more $ on synthetic oil. RP is a performance oil design mainly for racing. You can get more out the engine with RP.. More is what I need, I drive a 3.7 LOL.

dmsfun 03-22-2011 02:56 PM

Re: Oil change and PCV valve change
 
RP makes the engine run rougher, as you have seen several here also attest to. It is also more costly than a top quality synthetic. It is marketing BS claiming it is superior. If it was any good, then why do no Nascar, Indy, F1, ALMS, Rolex series, or any other professional road race cars use RP ?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community