Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   FCW Off? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/fcw-off-20620.html)

bpmcgee 03-22-2011 03:50 PM

FCW Off?

Every once in a while I'll get an error on the EVIC about the front sensor needing service and "FCW OFF" comes up.

Can anyone tell me what DTCs can cause this? The dealer says there are no DTCs currently stored, but of course, it wasn't doing this when he checked it.

B

IndyBob 03-23-2011 07:06 AM

Re: FCW Off?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmcgee (Post 380699)
Every once in a while I'll get an error on the EVIC about the front sensor needing service and "FCW OFF" comes up.

Can anyone tell me what DTCs can cause this? The dealer says there are no DTCs currently stored, but of course, it wasn't doing this when he checked it.

B

If the front sensor gets dirty from road spray or otherwise can't "see" it gets turned off. I have had that happen a few times.

bpmcgee 03-23-2011 08:18 AM

Yeah, I've had that happen too. I've also had it just turn off, disabling cruise control, without any apparent obstruction to the lens.

DTCs anyone?

fkloster 04-13-2011 03:19 PM

Same thing here! 2011 JGC O Summit and the lens is clean... driving down freeway on cloudy day. Every 2 miles or so "FCW OFF" and "Please clean lens" message comes on. Pretty annoying. Ideas?

Nouveau Redneck 04-14-2011 10:36 AM

I've only had it happen once, when the lens was definitely very dirty. If it is happening to you when yours is clean, I would complain to the dealer to try to get the sensor, including its lens, replaced.

chuckbernard 04-14-2011 05:18 PM

When mine is completely covered in snow it appears. First time I had no clue what it was and used the iPhone app for our Jeep to look it up while at a stop light. I recommend getting the app for your phone.

bpmcgee 04-19-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckbernard (Post 396025)
When mine is completely covered in snow it appears. First time I had no clue what it was and used the iPhone app for our Jeep to look it up while at a stop light. I recommend getting the app for your phone.

Chuck,

Does that show the DTCs which get thrown? (My original question)

B

statlanta 05-29-2011 05:25 AM

This started happening to me yesterday with less than 350 miles on my new Overland. Frustrating since it disables cruise control even if you are not in ACC mode. After a few minutes of driving I get the FCW OFF indicator and a message indicating the ACC Sensor needs to be serviced. Hoping to take it in to the dealer on Monday.

statlanta 05-30-2011 04:25 PM

Brought my Jeep into the dealer today, they downloaded a bunch of codes and sent me on my way. They are going to call Chrysler and troubleshoot with them, I hope to hear back in a couple days.

Danco 05-31-2011 08:47 PM

I had same problem today. In addition - the keyless entry stopped working (started working again on its own) and tire preassure monitor stopped working (also began working again on its own. Ple
ase let us know what your dealer comes up with.

statlanta 06-01-2011 01:10 PM

Spoke with the dealer today, they have ordered a new cruise control module. They aren't 100% convinced that is the problem, but the plan is the replace the module and see what happens. I'm going on about a 800 mile trip next week, I'll be quite annoyed if I can't use my cruise the entire way.

statlanta 06-05-2011 07:06 PM

Heard from the dealer, the part should be here on the 10th.