Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Finally ordered! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/finally-ordered-20640.html)

Jgauthier 03-22-2011 09:25 PM

Finally ordered!

After salivating for 2 years on the JGC11, i finally ordered it tonight. I feel very excited and stressed at the same time as it seems an somewhat excessive expense for me. But, hey, we only have one life to live! Should get it in 8-10 weeks.

Overland
Mineral gray metallic with new saddle interior
5.7l
Technology package

From Montreal,
-Jgauthier

Cherodude 03-22-2011 10:02 PM

Re: Finally ordered!

Welcome to the Garage! I also wanted the new GC since it was first shown in New York in April 2009, and I had a long wait. And yeah, it was a stretch to buy it. But man, is it worth it. Best purchase ever. Good luck with your order!

netcoolery 03-22-2011 10:25 PM

Jgauthier - Welcome to the Garage and congratulations on your choice. Of course only you can decide what is an "excessive" expense, but may I point out that you are buying a vehicle that many of us believe is as worthy (or worthier) than many other SUVs that cost much, much more.

So kick back and spend some time with us in the Garage while you wait for your new baby. There's a wealth of great information here - and some fun characters as well.

rschonfe 03-22-2011 11:05 PM

Congrats!!

Jgauthier 03-27-2011 09:09 PM

Totally agree with you that what may seem excessive for me might not be for everyone. But just for fun, do you know how us Canadian are paying for an overland with my configuration in thiese days where our dollar is pretty much on par with USD? 55k. That is totally insane when you think it cost 10k + than in the US. To be honest i am more worried about the operation costs than the buying cost (mpg). I am letting go my liberty for it. I expect to not see that much of a difference...

wreckdive 03-27-2011 09:14 PM

Way to go. You ordered the "best" power + color combo too! :)

joebinotto 03-27-2011 10:35 PM

Congrats and don't get impatient on the wait.

OzTJ 03-28-2011 12:14 AM

Congrats :)

I just recently changed my order from Bright Silver to the Mineral Grey as the more I look at them the more I like the Darker colour.

machine 03-28-2011 08:23 PM

This too is my first post. I ordered an Overland, Black with saddle interior, 5.7l engine on March 17. Actually the dealership had placed an order for this vehicle on 10/14/10. The order form now shows the date modified as 3/17/11-the modification being my name vs no name was added to the order. The status was "C" on 3/17 and now the salesguy says it is in "D". I am unsure what D status means, when the car will be built and when I can expect it to be delivered. I would greatly appreciate any help anyone may have. Also I have seen reference to "milious" as a means to find the status of the vehicle. Thanks for your help!
R