Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (Android) and 730N RHR (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/samsung-galaxy-s-captivate-android-and-730n-rhr-20727.html)

boldd 03-24-2011 07:07 PM

Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (Android) and 730N RHR

My Overland with 730N RHR is on its way. I'm about to change phones too. I'm about to get the Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (Android Phone). Any issues with Uconnect?

Link to phone: http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...+11+4294966826

Technosavant 03-24-2011 09:06 PM

Re: Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (Android) and 730N RHR

Android phones seem to be generally compatible. My wife has a Captivate, and although we haven't tried it with the Uconnect, it works fine with her Acura HandsfreeLink, which utilizes the same Hands Free Profile part of the Bluetooth spec.

It should work fine.

gdhodge 03-24-2011 09:57 PM

Mine works fine.

HemiPowerV8 03-25-2011 06:47 AM

My HTC Evo has issues streaming bluetooth music OR the UConnect has issues accepting the media stream. It plays as if its in fast forward (shrugs shoulders?). Moot point since I have a 30G hard drive

Mashie 03-25-2011 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiPowerV8 (Post 382634)
My HTC Evo has issues streaming bluetooth music OR the UConnect has issues accepting the media stream. It plays as if its in fast forward (shrugs shoulders?). Moot point since I have a 30G hard drive

yep you will more then likely have issues with Bluetooth audio streaming until (hopefully) the fix that is due out in April. However, no one has been able to verify that the upcoming fix addresses BT Audio Streaming, it is just speculation.

dobiegillis 03-25-2011 09:20 AM

What version android is it running? I tested the RHR with my Android running Froyo 2.2.1 and it worked fine but it was a brief test. I didn't test bt streaming tho as I don't carry music on this phone.

Im considering getting the Nexus S when it hits Sprint, and it will be running Gingerbread 2.3 so I'm curious if that will make a difference. Has anyone used the RHR with gingerbread yet?

Sent from my HTC myTouch 4G using Tapatalk

xtex404 03-26-2011 01:45 PM

Hey Android guys with the RHR... does the address book synced from your phone have addresses for navigation? The stupid iPhone sync only sends over phone numbers, no addresses, which is useless IMHO.

Streaming music from an iPhone 4 works okay; you get basic controls, but no artist/song/etc name like you do if you stream BT audio from a Macbook and iTunes (stupid).. but .. meh.. BT streaming, in general, sounds like butt in a JGC because it's quiet enough to hear how bad it really is...

(yah, I know you asked about android but someone said the RHR doesn't do bt streaming well, and i've had no probs with it..)

boldd 03-26-2011 06:57 PM

I got the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate today. My existing carrier gave it to me for free instead of me switching to get the Captivate. Love it so far. Just wish it had an LED light flash. My drop by my dealer this week to test it in an RHR unit before mine arrives in 2-3 weeks.

Technosavant 03-26-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtex404 (Post 383484)
Hey Android guys with the RHR... does the address book synced from your phone have addresses for navigation? The stupid iPhone sync only sends over phone numbers, no addresses, which is useless IMHO.

Useless?

You haven't tried the voice dialing, have you? I find it's quite useful- I don't load my address book with addresses (usually; besides, once I've been someplace a couple times, I don't need help to get there anymore). But it is nice to be able to speak somebody's name and make the call.

kyeo138 03-27-2011 11:27 AM

Just an FYI, if you have Android, there's a pretty cool free JGC app out there. It's kind of an interactive manual. Just search for Jeep Grand Cherokee in the marketplace.

According to the app under UConnect FAQ:
"The Uconnect Phone requires a cellualr phone equippred with the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile Version 0.96 or higher."

boldd 03-27-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyeo138 (Post 383835)
Just an FYI, if you have Android, there's a pretty cool free JGC app out there. It's kind of an interactive manual. Just search for Jeep Grand Cherokee in the marketplace.

Thanks...just downloaded it. Love the Android. Blackberry better catch up before it goes the way of a Smith Corona...lol.