Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   I am getting spooked (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/i-am-getting-spooked-20747.html)

BuckeyeSRT 03-25-2011 05:59 AM

I am getting spooked

I know internet forums can bring out more complaints sometimes with vehicles but, I have to be honest, I am getting spooked. I am very interested in the black Summit I drove yesterday but, all the issues people are having with the GC I am afraid to pull the trigger. BTW I always search the net on a car that I am interested in and the GC seems to have many more issues. I mean 2 fires? really?
So I guess my question is, anyone not had any problems at all?
Thanks for helping me feel better in advance.
Rick

salsfirst 03-25-2011 06:01 AM

Re: I am getting spooked

Pull the trigger. I've had no problems at all and I'm approaching 3000 miles. I love this car. Don't hesitate, run right out and get it.

mjw930 03-25-2011 06:48 AM

There are multiple things in play here, one of them being the Jeep community is a lot more active on the net than a lot of other brands. It's good you realize that internet forums are typically places where the problems get reported (most people only take the time to rant when something goes wrong) but there have been quite a few thread with started for people to post up that they haven't had any significant problems and those seem to point out that the majority are happy with their vehicles. You also need to remember that there are probably less than 1000 owners posting to this site and well under 500 that are active and many report on issues "heard about" and not first hand accounts. I think production on the WK2 is approaching or has exceeded 100,000, that means what you read here is less then 1% of the population and when you factor in the reason people post it makes mountains out of mole hills.

2011RitterGC 03-25-2011 07:41 AM

None - 3,000 miles.

bluetrude 03-25-2011 07:52 AM

I had the same concerns but pulled the trigger on an Overland in February and will pick it up today. Although I heard the complaints I figured, as others have said, that most people share bad experiences and every make has it's own issues. The first model year of the redesign was a concern but hey someone has to go first. I'm getting the lifetime warranty which will help mitigate any potential issues. Good luck in your decision but with this forum you're in good company.

Frank TJ 03-25-2011 07:58 AM

3400 miles and zero issues. Love my Overland.

kfc01 03-25-2011 08:00 AM

no problems with mine either, people with no problems are not likely to complain.

Mashie 03-25-2011 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeR/T (Post 382617)
I know internet forums can bring out more complaints sometimes with vehicles but, I have to be honest, I am getting spooked. I am very interested in the black Summit I drove yesterday but, all the issues people are having with the GC I am afraid to pull the trigger. BTW I always search the net on a car that I am interested in and the GC seems to have many more issues. I mean 2 fires? really?
So I guess my question is, anyone not had any problems at all?
Thanks for helping me feel better in advance.
Rick

read my 3mo write up on my 2011 overland, nothing to be spooked about!

Lingohocken 03-25-2011 08:32 AM

Jeep's been great about pouncing on first-year problems. But if you're still concerned and don't need new wheels right away, wait another four months and get a 2012.

CLowe40 03-25-2011 08:44 AM

What should spook you is "the Vest" and his players. Sorry, but living in Ohio and being an IU Alum is really, really difficult.

I've had a 4Runner, LX470 and MDX and was hesitant to purchase outside of the Toyota/Honda family. I drove and researched all the usual suspects before deciding on the GC. I couldn't be more pleased. It is the quietest car I've ever driven, I love the pano roof and with the Hemi it's fun to drive. It easily handled the snow and ice this winter and cruises like a luxo-liner on the highway. It feels more solid than any of my other previous cars and love driving it.

Go get yourself one. Just don't get a silver one and put a scarlet stripe down the middle.

Captain Slow 03-25-2011 08:47 AM

Yeah, the interwebz are full of five star and one star reviews, with little in between. Someone who has had an "average" experience rarely takes the time to write about it.

Back in 2005 I was looking for a small, sporty, economical car with which to commute to my new job. I really liked the look and feel of the Mini Coopers. Go to a Mini board sometime and read about the problems posted there - wowza! Spending more than 15 minutes on a Mini board makes them sound like rolling bombs. But I ignored all of that and rolled the dice, and now nearly 6 years later I LOVE my Cooper S, and have only had one very minor problem with it to date (knock on wood!).

This Jeep is my first Chrysler product, which made me a bit nervous to begin with. Then I started reading the message boards and started to feel that familiar dread start to creep back in. Again I've decided to ignore it and so far - so good.

In reality, all new cars are so much better in terms of quality than they were 20, even 10 years ago, that even the worst cars are pretty good.

Sid Fields 03-25-2011 09:01 AM

Everyone has had concerns but I ordered an Overland at the end of February it's in D1 now. This will be my 3rd GC.

Not sure I know how to up a poll perhaps one of the moderators can do it. 4 options check one.
Bought a new jeep 1) No problems
2) Minor problems Easily fixed
3) Major problems Annoying but now fixed
4) Major Problems Ongoing issues

It may be skewed in favor of the Problems, some of the happy campers may be infrequent visitors to the forum at this point. Any one interested?