Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Dealer won't fix TSB.... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/dealer-wont-fix-tsb-20762.html)

Nickoland 03-25-2011 01:17 PM

Dealer won't fix TSB....

unless you specify you have the actual issue. I called the dealer today to schedule the RER update and the ESC flash. He asked what issues I was experiencing and said none. He said he couldn't do the fix for no reason. I thought he was asking if my jeep was unusable, so I simply stated that i get dropped XM signals and a lag in throttle response during acceleration. That seemed good enough to get me scheduled. Thought that was odd. if there is a TSB, they should just do it.

bpmcgee 03-25-2011 02:02 PM

Re: Dealer won't fix TSB....

A TSB isn't a recall. It's a notice to the technicians to help them diagnose frequently recurring issues.

In other words, it's saying "Hey, if you have customers who come in complaining about <x> try <y> first!"

Jim Hef 03-25-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmcgee (Post 383000)
A TSB isn't a recall....

Exactly! Too many people confuse the two. If you think you want to have the work done after reading about a TSB, also don't feel that it's a free service. You'll probably be charged for the work.

mhassler 03-25-2011 02:29 PM

you are lucky, my dealer wouldn't perform the RER update while I had my vehicle in for a host of other problems; center console door (below HVAC) wouldn't open, missing door bump-stops, rear glass wouldn't latch, audio button on left side, rear of steering wheel doesn't work (still doesn't), etc. They said they didn't have the ability... don't have the ability? Get the hell out of here. My 9-yr old cousin has the ability to burn a CD.

robpp 03-25-2011 02:41 PM

TSB are a SCAM by chrysler. prolly ALL makers IDK.
reason: once you are off 3/36 they will charge you to perform a TSB.

so if you are UNLUCKY enough to trigger a TSB after your 3/36 you have to pay for it. Some of them are not cheap.

so the best is to LIE to the STEALER. YUp thats what it takes. Dont worry, they LIE plenty as well.

like lets take the gas tank TSB as an aexample. I would suspect a new tank plus labor to be a GRAND. if its one day after 3/36 and you bring it in for sloshing, you PAY.

IMO thats NOT FAIR.

so I would encourage ALL of you to make up the symptons and have most TSB performed under your 3/36. ESPECIALLY if they are hardware related.

smcoverland 03-25-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 383027)
TSB are a SCAM by chrysler. prolly ALL makers IDK.
reason: once you are off 3/36 they will charge you to perform a TSB.

so if you are UNLUCKY enough to trigger a TSB after your 3/36 you have to pay for it. Some of them are not cheap.

so the best is to LIE to the STEALER. YUp thats what it takes. Dont worry, they LIE plenty as well.

like lets take the gas tank TSB as an aexample. I would suspect a new tank plus labor to be a GRAND. if its one day after 3/36 and you bring it in for sloshing, you PAY.

IMO thats NOT FAIR.

so I would encourage ALL of you to make up the symptons and have most TSB performed under your 3/36. ESPECIALLY if they are hardware related.

If you want a Lifetime Guarantee, it's available. Purchase it. This will keep you from having to resort to lies & slimy justifications.

Jim Hef 03-25-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 383027)
...so I would encourage ALL of you to make up the symptons and have most TSB performed under your 3/36....

But you will still run the risk of the dreaded "cannot duplicate" upon the dealer's test drive!

netcoolery 03-25-2011 03:38 PM

So there was this poor schmuck who took his copier in for warranty service and got all worried when the Dealer said "cannot duplicate" ;)

robpp 03-25-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smcoverland (Post 383036)
If you want a Lifetime Guarantee, it's available. Purchase it. This will keep you from having to resort to lies & slimy justifications.

i hear you and I do have a lifetime on my WK.

my point is if there is a problem, do a recall. issueing something that only gets looked at when someone complains about it just doesnt sit well when i just spent 50K of my hard earned dollars.

again the gas tank EX: if there is a problem with the tank why ONLY fix the ones of people that complain. if more BAFFLES are needed then ALL gas tanks should be replaced. NO?

the1jake 03-25-2011 04:07 PM

There are plenty of TSBs out there that won't apply to your vehicle. I've only had two performed. One the ESC and the other the throttle lag problem. I didn't want to bug the dealer for the 730N RER update since it was easy enough for me to update. (there are threads here and it's a very easy process)

2005JGC 03-25-2011 04:25 PM

working for a dealer - my comment has been edited to nothing so as not to stir the pot... Ill keep it to... "I agree, TSB's should be covered" ;)

WK2OverlandII 03-25-2011 04:36 PM

To all above the TSBs are covered (FREE) as long as the vehicle is still in warranty...it explains it right on the TSB.