Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Don't like wood? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/dont-like-wood-20792.html)

Polak 03-26-2011 09:57 AM

Don't like wood?
 
Did anyone vinyl wrap the wood in carbon fiber wrap or just black? I hate wooden steering wheels even more than the wood dash.

Pics?

moosehead 03-26-2011 09:59 AM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
I like wood.

Wood is good.

Try it, you should.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread...ight=warm+wood

K9jackie 03-26-2011 11:09 AM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
The wood puts it more in the luxury category, which I like. I especially love the olive wood since it is more subtle...I also like the feel of this steering wheel in wood. Maybe you can trade with someone... not sure how hard that would be.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1387/...fa12e0a1_z.jpg
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit by Jeep®, on Flickr

boldd 03-26-2011 12:05 PM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by K9jackie (Post 383431)
The wood puts it more in the luxury category, which I like. I especially love the olive wood since it is more subtle...I also like the feel of this steering wheel in wood. Maybe you can trade with someone... not sure how hard that would be.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1387/...fa12e0a1_z.jpg
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit by Jeep®, on Flickr

I have the black bird's eye maple in my C300. I want to get rid of the brown wood and change to black in my Overland. Just pricing it now.

xtex404 03-26-2011 01:36 PM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
The black olive is almost pure black, except when hit by sunlight. I thought it would look like ass, and I was nervous about it because I didn't realize the Summit I ordered had it, and I had never seen it in person, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how good it does actually look. I definitely wouldn't cover it up.

This coming from someone who has always had Wranglers and used to plastic and steel. :)

darkrt 03-26-2011 01:48 PM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 383395)
Did anyone vinyl wrap the wood in carbon fiber wrap or just black? I hate wooden steering wheels even more than the wood dash.

Pics?

Thats why I went with a loaded Limited!

JeepeeJ 03-26-2011 01:56 PM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Polak (Post 383395)
Did anyone vinyl wrap the wood in carbon fiber wrap or just black? I hate wooden steering wheels even more than the wood dash.

Pics?

Wood is tacky in any car and also don't want to have a steering wheel break in half and stake me in the heart during a crash.

The only wood I like are teak and oak in home furniture. And of course morning wood while on my oak bed.

nek121328 03-26-2011 02:11 PM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
I'm glad mine doesn't have a wood wheel.

White Chocolate 03-26-2011 02:13 PM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepeeJ (Post 383490)
Wood is tacky in any car and also don't want to have a steering wheel break in half and stake me in the heart during a crash.

The only wood I like are teak and oak in home furniture. And of course morning wood while on my oak bed.

LOL you worry wayyyyyy to much ahaha

JeepeeJ 03-26-2011 02:20 PM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by White Chocolate (Post 383495)
LOL you worry wayyyyyy to much ahaha

That's 'cause I'm a vampire!

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/vampire-power-1.jpg

gmtaylor3 04-19-2011 11:02 AM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
Just got my 2011 JGC and do really have a problem with the wooden part of the wheel. Has anyone actually changed the wooden wheel out in favor of an all leather one? How much did it cost? Did it lose any feasibility?

Jeeters 04-19-2011 11:44 AM

Re: Don't like wood?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepeeJ (Post 383490)
Wood is tacky in any car and also don't want to have a steering wheel break in half and stake me in the heart during a crash.

It has a metal core, just like any steering wheel does. That's why it's called a 'wood trimmed steering wheel'. If it was pure wood, it wouldn't be able to keep a perfect spherical shape due to warping.
But yeah, I find them kinda tacky, too.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community