Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   whats wrong with my jeep :( (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/whats-wrong-with-my-jeep-20837.html)

hella_wk 03-27-2011 04:54 PM

whats wrong with my jeep :(

Lately ive been experiencing a couple weird thing happening to my jeep.

first off, the passenger side window "auto up and down" isnt working. and when it does go on auto (which rarely happens) it hits the top (fully closed) and then will go half way back down....
Can anyone explain this??

Also when im going up a hill (around 30% incline) my jeep with sputter and loose power in a jerking type of motion. And i have to change gears down to 2nd to get it back going.. with this small incline i wouldn't expect any car to loose power.. (also to mention i had 3/4 full tank, so im not running out of gas)
whats happening? transmission, fuel pump, computer.. idk any ideas?

Help

mrmotoguzzi00 03-27-2011 05:01 PM

Re: whats wrong with my jeep :(

might be the window switch or the motor, if your handy you could swap the switch with one of the rear door window switches. if that works it's cheap fix. If not might be the motor, not as cheap and a bit more work to replace...

how many miles ? ever changed the fuel filters ? any computer codes ?

JDM12 03-27-2011 05:04 PM

A 30 incline is extremely steep, my guess would be fluid is draining out of your torque converter causing the surging.

robpp 03-27-2011 05:15 PM

the up/down is a known issue. I had a tsb done with 500 miles, yes 500 miles, on my 07. they changed both modules/regulators.

the trans thing sounds like software. maybe. or you try a reset of the adaptives by disconnecting neg term. then put on lights for 30 seconds so it drains the complete memory., then reconnect and see aht happens.

mrmotoguzzi00 03-27-2011 05:21 PM

cool robp, not used to dealing with so many TSB's..... gonna have to check those for my jeep....

lll2for3lll 03-27-2011 05:35 PM

Yeah. I had the surging/bucking issue. A software update solved it.

hella_wk 03-27-2011 06:55 PM

thanks for all the input guys. im not very handy, but im sure its not that hard to take a look at the switches and what not.. ill see what i can do. i dont think its the window motor thought because it still has plenty of power.. whats weird is i just got my 7" pioneer double din installed like a week or 2 ago.. so i wonder if it could be something to do with wires?

and yea, a bit of a bad calculation, something more like a 15 or even 10% incline.. but still, the point is it shouldn't be doing that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lll2for3lll (Post 384013)
Yeah. I had the surging/bucking issue. A software update solved it.

yeah my first guess was the it was software, and the computer just wasn't downshifting the trans.. im guessing you got the software update from the dealer? my car is out of my 5 year warranty so do you think their might be a charge for this? and if so i wonder what the cost would be.. because its really annoying.:slapfight:

Walt 03-27-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hella_wk (Post 383982)
....the passenger side window "auto up and down" isnt working. and when it does go on auto (which rarely happens) it hits the top (fully closed) and then will go half way back down....
Can anyone explain this??....

Think I read about a "teach" you can do with the power window switches, so it resets the full-up and full-down positions. Maybe another member can recall exactly where.

I had my driver's door regulator/module replaced and a flash for the module. It helped, but extended warranty covered all-but-$75. Still think it was the master driver's door switch (they replaced that also at the same time).

Might have to do the battery disconnect thing first if you find associated fuses and relays are OK.

lll2for3lll 03-27-2011 10:11 PM

I think it was updated for free. I went in for a transmission fluid change and they updated the PCM with everything.

hella_wk 03-28-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt (Post 384057)
Think I read about a "teach" you can do with the power window switches, so it resets the full-up and full-down positions. Maybe another member can recall exactly where.

I had my driver's door regulator/module replaced and a flash for the module. It helped, but extended warranty covered all-but-$75. Still think it was the master driver's door switch (they replaced that also at the same time).

Might have to do the battery disconnect thing first if you find associated fuses and relays are OK.

yeah i think its the master driver's door switch too. but if anyone has seen that "teach" that your referring to that would be a great help!

yeah i did the whole unplug the battery thing. but checking the fuses is a good idea haha i should have thought of that before.. but i doubt it is. because they still work.. just acting weird..

Quote:

Originally Posted by lll2for3lll (Post 384160)
I think it was updated for free. I went in for a transmission fluid change and they updated the PCM with everything.

thanks! im gonna call the dealership and find out today if they can do something about it.

fatfreddy 03-28-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt (Post 384057)

To teach,recalibtrate the window you roll it up all the way and keep holding the window switch up for 2 seconds.Then roll it down and keep holding the switch down for 2 seconds.Go up agian and keep switch up 2 seconds.Done.then check and see if it operates right.

hella_wk 03-29-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfreddy (Post 384673)
To teach,recalibtrate the window you roll it up all the way and keep holding the window switch up for 2 seconds.Then roll it down and keep holding the switch down for 2 seconds.Go up agian and keep switch up 2 seconds.Done.then check and see if it operates right.

WORKED PERFECTLY!!

i definitely didn't expect something so simple to work as easy as that..

++++ REP for you (and Walt for bringing up the teach) :thumbsup: