Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Turn signal problem (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/turn-signal-problem-20839.html)

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-27-2011 05:20 PM

Turn signal problem
 
Everytime I hold my turn signal turn for a right turn my horn goes off. Anyone know what this problem is? clock spring?

Relwarc 03-27-2011 05:26 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
haha.... why does this sound like an awesome prank?

sorry man, i cant think of any circuit or anything that it could cross.

Rudyk 03-27-2011 05:47 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 384002)
Everytime I hold my turn signal turn for a right turn my horn goes off. Anyone know what this problem is? clock spring?

only if you try to turn right?... maybe built by liberal Democrats?... :)

sorry... that sounds like a tough one to diagnose. My horn goes off every time I shoulder check but I traced that to my growing belly.

-Rudy "No-Help" Kilvinsky

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-28-2011 02:47 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
it is also doing it when i use the windshield wipers............. anyone??

Scottina06 03-28-2011 02:52 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
ya better hope its not the clock spring...they are $680

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-28-2011 08:11 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 384546)
ya better hope its not the clock spring...they are $680

it sucks, they make aftermarket clock springs for WJ and they are like $50........... no such luck with the WK. i am hoping it is something with the switches but since its both i dont know.:mad:

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-27-2011 05:11 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
i lucked out big time!! i bought an srt steering wheel and airbag from a junkyard on car-part.com for $200 and it came with a clockspring that was the exact part i needed. now i have to install it and hope it works and fixes my problem.

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-27-2011 07:55 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
just installed the clockspring and everything works perfectly now!!

GR33N D3M0N 04-27-2011 07:57 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Relwarc (Post 384007)
haha.... why does this sound like an awesome prank?

sorry man, i cant think of any circuit or anything that it could cross.

LMAO, i still need to do this
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudyk (Post 384021)
only if you try to turn right?... maybe built by liberal Democrats?... :)

sorry... that sounds like a tough one to diagnose. My horn goes off every time I shoulder check but I traced that to my growing belly.

-Rudy "No-Help" Kilvinsky

LOL, this guy

and good deal with the SRT clockspring!

robpp 04-27-2011 09:22 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
matt you changed the headlight switch/stalk?

SvenskaJeepGuy 04-27-2011 10:29 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robpp (Post 405014)
matt you changed the headlight switch/stalk?

nope i kept the same one, just swapped out the clockspring. took about 30 minutes.

robpp 04-27-2011 10:33 PM

Re: Turn signal problem
 
awesome :thumbsup:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community