Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Potential Quadra-lift Issue? Check yours out (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/potential-quadra-lift-issue-check-yours-out-20844.html)

justin1569 03-27-2011 08:31 PM

Potential Quadra-lift Issue? Check yours out

I raised my vehicle today to Off-Road Height 1 while cleaning my Jeep at a local touchless wash. While cleaning the wheels I noticed a blue adapter attached to a cable that plugs in to some head unit around the front left/right suspension.

The adapter looks like one that you would see on the back of a DVD drive in your computer or something...anyways the potential problem I see is that the cable is very exposed and seems like it wouldn't take much to get damaged or sliced.

Anyone else notice this?

Also, I noticed that the main bolt for my front left/right suspension is rusted to hell and I've owned this vehicle since the end of October. I wash every week so I find it odd that it has corroded this fast. We don't have salt here in Edmonton when it's icy out.

I'm tempted to call the dealer and ask about these issues, especially for the cable part because I feel that it is way to exposed for my comfort level. You can even see the little cables within the big one that are as thick as a headphone cable. Seems like they could freeze, and fray easily. They are definitely very exposed to the elements because I touched the cable and they definitely had dirt on them.:confused:

Mark Paul 03-27-2011 09:03 PM

Re: Potential Quadra-lift Issue? Check yours out

Could you please post a picture? Thanks in advance.

justin1569 03-28-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Paul (Post 384106)
Could you please post a picture? Thanks in advance.

I will post pics later today. Maybe is someone else could in the mean time. I'm sure everyone has this potential issue. I can guarantee it! All one has to do is look.:)

bpmcgee 03-28-2011 11:08 AM

Isn't it a little alarmist to call this a quadralift issue? Or, in fact, an issue at all?

There is a cable which you saw, which may or may not be part of the quadra-lift system (sounds like it could also be the ABS sensor wire).

The wire is in a spot which is exposed to dirt and the elements, which you suppose will lead to fraying.

Both of those seem like pretty big leaps to me. I've dealt with ABS sensor wires which have spent more than 10 years exposed to elements like that and are still flexible and intact.

Have you been hanging out with JoeSchmoe? ;)

wjs81866 03-28-2011 11:24 AM

I wouldn't call surface oxidation "rusted to hell" that's normal for any vehicle. Fastener specifications are pretty tough, it's not like they have a jar of bolts they garb from off the shelf when they run out. Surface rust is normal unless stainless or coated with some kind of paint or primer; which most fasteners are not.

Dan JGC 03-28-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpmcgee (Post 384417)
Isn't it a little alarmist to call this a quadralift issue? Or, in fact, an issue at all?

There is a cable which you saw, which may or may not be part of the quadra-lift system (sounds like it could also be the ABS sensor wire).

The wire is in a spot which is exposed to dirt and the elements, which you suppose will lead to fraying.

Both of those seem like pretty big leaps to me. I've dealt with ABS sensor wires which have spent more than 10 years exposed to elements like that and are still flexible and intact.

Have you been hanging out with JoeSchmoe? ;)

I agree....sounds more like an ABS sensor wire to me too...

tcuster 04-05-2011 01:43 PM

My Toyota is three years old and has no rust. My 2011 JGC is one week old and the suspension is rusted.

Redcivic47 04-07-2011 10:55 AM

Still no pics ...