Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Thinking about trading (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/thinking-about-trading-20851.html)

jp467 03-27-2011 09:34 PM

Thinking about trading

I am thinking about trading my v-6 Limited for a V-8 overland. The only thing that worries me is the air suspension on the overland I don't need anymore problems. Can someone tell me how the ride compares to the standard suspension, and if the issues have been worked out?

WK2OverlandII 03-27-2011 09:51 PM

Re: Thinking about trading

Mine was built in early November I haven't had any problems. As far as ride I haven't drove one since October 2010 without the air suspension. I don't think there is much of a difference. I really like the air suspension on road as it lowers at highway speeds, when parking and when you enter sport mode. With the sport I believe it helps the handling quite a bit as it lowers the center of gravity and it really hugs the road through the corners. I'm stationed in Kansas and with the temperatures below freezing and some days well below zero I haven't had any problems and my vehicle has 4500 plus miles on it. I would say go for it the Hemi is awesome...I don't think there's anything wrong with the Pentastar....I just really like the torque of the Hemi.

wjs81866 03-28-2011 07:31 AM

They both ride pretty much the same, I do notice that if I go over rough tracks or a sudden dip my QL seems to smooth it out a little better. MY wife's Limited rides great but I guess you could say rides slightly stiffer. And keep in mind I only notice this because I drive them both and what I notice is very slight. I seriously doubt anyone that doesn't drive them both regularly could tell the difference. As far as reliability the only thing I had with the QL is that once at about 400 miles I got a overtemp warning. It would go down but not up, didn't affect the ride at all. Drove it home with no problems and the next day took it to the dealer, I got to work and they called and said it was fixed. I asked what caused it and they told me they could give me different reasons but not an exact reason. They cleared the error and it's never done it again. I have had it since the end of October and not a single problem since.

Hope this helps

2011RitterGC 03-28-2011 08:38 AM

What issues?? I have a Dec build Overland and love the QL.

boldd 03-28-2011 10:07 AM

My coworker's Overland has had two major issues with QL, it was a demo vehicle though...lol. On both instants one corner deflated. The worse was when she was 300KM from her dealer. Through the EVIC I believe, they deflated all the bags so they could drive back home as it was the front passenger side that was sitting something like 4-5".

She still loves her vehicle which is good. The dealer has been extremely responsive.