Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   A/C temp issue when accelerating?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/a-c-temp-issue-when-accelerating-20877.html)

RageOfFury 03-28-2011 01:48 PM

A/C temp issue when accelerating??
 
Anyone notice that when you, from a stop, accelerate, the driver's air temp matches the passenger temp?:confused: This only occurs for 1-2 seconds, then the driver's air temp goes back to what it's set to.

JoeSchmoe007 03-28-2011 01:54 PM

Re: A/C temp issue when accelerating??
 
Did you see this TSB:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_2400411.pdf ?

There was a thread about similar issues but I can't find it now.

RageOfFury 03-28-2011 02:01 PM

Re: A/C temp issue when accelerating??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 (Post 384499)
Did you see this TSB:

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/tsb/tsb_wk2_2400411.pdf ?

There was a thread about similar issues but I can't find it now.

Thanks for the reply. I've had that TSB applied as I no longer have the blower speed fluctuating issue. Plus that TSB doesn't speak of the issue I described above.

I'll search the forum to see if I can find that thread you speak of.

wjs81866 03-28-2011 03:10 PM

Re: A/C temp issue when accelerating??
 
my laredo starts blowing hot air when I accelerate or stop for a couple seconds then returns to whatever it was. Seems to do it in vent mode, I'm concerned that it will do this with the A/C on when it's really hot out. Almost seems like a vacuum
issue?

RageOfFury 03-28-2011 03:23 PM

Re: A/C temp issue when accelerating??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wjs81866 (Post 384556)
my laredo starts blowing hot air when I accelerate or stop for a couple seconds then returns to whatever it was. Seems to do it in vent mode, I'm concerned that it will do this with the A/C on when it's really hot out. Almost seems like a vacuum
issue?

Yup that's what I am experiencing. I haven't done a whole lot of testing, but during my recent trip I noticed that it seems to blow the same temp air that the passenger side is set to when accelerating from a stop.

JoeSchmoe007 03-28-2011 03:26 PM

Re: A/C temp issue when accelerating??
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 384505)
Thanks for the reply. I've had that TSB applied as I no longer have the blower speed fluctuating issue. Plus that TSB doesn't speak of the issue I described above.

I'll search the forum to see if I can find that thread you speak of.

Then don't waste your time searching for that thread - I think it was about blower fluctuating speed. In this thread you probably describe something else.

wjs81866 03-28-2011 08:59 PM

Re: A/C temp issue when accelerating??
 
the really messed up part of my issue is that if I pull up the drivers and passengers side window buttons at the same time the temp will go up on the air coming out of the vents. It's only for a moment but I couldn't believe it when I first noticed it.

granto3k 03-31-2011 06:52 PM

Re: A/C temp issue when accelerating??
 
I have noticed the air temperature getting much warmer for a few seconds at a time also. I am in Florida so I'm guessing the A/C is on most of the time but its kind of hard to tell with the auto climate control. I am also getting this intermittent high-pitched ringing noise that seems to be coming from the A/C.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community