Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Quadra Lift - Auto Park Mode (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/quadra-lift-auto-park-mode-20891.html)

earldharris 03-28-2011 05:55 PM

Quadra Lift - Auto Park Mode

I apologize if this has already been posted - I did a brief search and did not find the answer.

Is there a way to have the Quadra Lift automatically drop into Park Mode (lowest setting - 1.5" below Auto) as soon as you put into Park?

Also, If you shut off the car while it is adjusting, will it stop, or continue to drop? I have tried to hit the Park mode after shutting the car off, and it will not move (same if a door is open). I had to re-start and then adjust.

My wife is very short, and this may help her get in and out.

thanks!

StasVasilkov 03-28-2011 07:01 PM

Re: Quadra Lift - Auto Park Mode

As far as I know there is no way to have it automatically go into park mode.

Mikeacarroll 03-28-2011 08:22 PM

I'm interested in this too, I drive my folks around and they're in their late 70's. A salesman at a local Jeep dealer told me that when the car is in Park it is automatically at the lowest setting...another example of guys not knowing their product. I'll be test-driving an Overland Thursday and will see for myself.

vstone 03-28-2011 08:54 PM

If its called park mode, why wouldnt it lower in park?

wjs81866 03-28-2011 09:02 PM

you have to push the button to get it to activate. The only auto part is the areo mode when you reach approx 66 MPH, and then raises back up when you drop back down or stop.

Mikeacarroll 03-28-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjs81866 (Post 384808)
you have to push the button to get it to activate. The only auto part is the areo mode when you reach approx 66 MPH, and then raises back up when you drop back down or stop.

Thanks for that information, because it might make it easier for me to get my mom and dad into the Overland. I might have to get Romik running boards but I need them to be comfortable.

chibianh 03-28-2011 09:25 PM

Yep, it's not automatic. If you are off road, you don't want it lowering automatically and high centering you. ;)

K9jackie 03-28-2011 09:34 PM

I wish it would go all the way down automatically too... I am an average height woman at 5,8" and it is tall for me. I just figured out the park mode today and that helps.... But it would be better as an auto setting. I also wish it would let me cruise at the 3 level... All the way up. I like riding up high :)

jgc4ever 03-28-2011 09:43 PM

I could have sworn I read somewhere on here that you can set the Jeep to retract the steering wheel and lower the quadra-lift when putting it into park. Maybe I imagined it. :confused:

Kennedy12 03-28-2011 09:43 PM

You can press park mode up to 20 mph and once u drop under 10 mph it will lower in to park mode so you don't have to site there in park waiting for it to drop to turn off the car and get out. You can also start to drive in park mode and it will automatically rise to normal height after reaching 20 mph.

StasVasilkov 03-28-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 384852)
I could have sworn I read somewhere on here that you can set the Jeep to retract the steering wheel and lower the quadra-lift when putting it into park. Maybe I imagined it. :confused:

The part with the steering wheel is correct but no way to set it to auto lower the car for you in park.... I would not mind that option also at least give us a choice in the menu if you want it on or not that would not have been hard for them to do but......

Tinkan 03-28-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 384852)

You can set this easy in/out on the setup menu. It will raise the steering wheel and lower the seat to the back low position. I am not sure it lowers to the parking height. I had the easy on and off set for ....ohhhh about a day then just got tired of it.