Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

control knobs with chrome

5K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  303WK 
#1 ·
I have the plain ol black knobs...anyone know if 08-10 model knobs will work on an 05-07? And more importantly...part numbers? where can i find these? Im not interested in buying the entire units but i would love to upgrade just the knobs if pissible. Anyone?

See less See more
#3 ·
word...ill have a look.you sayin i can just find the knobs?

#6 ·
yes they dont even make the black ones any longer for ANY year. They all supercede to the number for the HVAC controls with chrome... Personally, considering I have no other chrome on or around my car that bums me out. Oh well.

#8 ·
yes they dont even make the black ones any longer for ANY year. They all supercede to the number for the HVAC controls with chrome... Personally, considering I have no other chrome on or around my car that bums me out. Oh well.
wanna trade for mine?

#7 ·
I have the plain ol black knobs...anyone know if 08-10 model knobs will work on an 05-07? And more importantly...part numbers? where can i find these? Im not interested in buying the entire units but i would love to upgrade just the knobs if pissible. Anyone?
Hey did you ever find the chrome nobs? i wanna do this too

#9 ·
not yet buddy, not yet.ill keep ya posted

#11 ·
its looking like the best bet is going to be finding someone who has had the lights burn out and see if i can buy it off of them.checked salvage yards and im not too sure i want the upgrade enought to warrant paying their prices for the entire unit.besides id still need them for the radio.next best idea is finding a young lad at the dealership who will let me check out a wk on the lot and casually exchange the knobs? just short of that i have no other ideas...

#12 ·
weird. the radio in my car had the chrome nobs. but not the ac/heater module.

but hahaha that sounds like the best idea ive heard yet!

i just dont see how you would have the time to change them out with some young kid trying to sell to you. lol

#13 ·
he wouldnt be selling me a car thats for sure...i recently moved back to denver from vegas...tips go a long way...we shall see.im fairly determined though,one way or the other!

#15 ·
i wonder how tipping a sales man would work here in California lol

#16 ·
one way to find out!

#17 ·
haha what would u suggest a reasonable tip would be for some nobs? im gonna try tomorrow

#18 ·
hell id say a 20 spot...if that dosent work try 40...thats about as high as id go.

#19 ·
Damn I never realized the chrome knobs were that popular! I have the chrome knobs and wouldn't care if they were chrome or not. If one of you wants to throw a 20 and your plain knobs in an envelop and send them I'd be more than happy to help and send you my chrome ones in return.

#20 ·
radio and hvac?...ill take em if you got em...

#22 ·
yep, radio and hvac. All 5 knobs. I'm assuming they just pull off?
Shoot me a pm and I'll send you over my addy if you want to do this.
Like I said, I'd never notice the difference between chrome and plain. Just as long as I have a knob on there that isn't broke.. :eek: Glad to help. :D
Doug

#23 ·
Thanks to Doug, I now have all 5 of my knobs with chrome rings...thanks again man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.