Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   RWD Jeep. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/rwd-jeep-20917.html)

Dougisjeep 03-28-2011 10:40 PM

RWD Jeep.

I have a RWD Grand Cherokee 4.7 and I'm not sure what direction to take it in. If it was 4wd I would slap a lift on it right away.. I was thinking more of a sporty look. Im getting an afe stage 2 cai and some type of catback exhaust (so many to look at...) and I've got a buddy who went to school about car computers and hes gonna program it for me after these mods.. but other than that exterior ideas are welcome, except for debadging. ;)

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-28-2011 10:52 PM

Re: RWD Jeep.

IMHO rwd jeeps are useless off of clean pavement i got rid of mine as soon as i found the WK i wanted. so i guess........ lower it?

Dougisjeep 03-28-2011 11:02 PM

^^^ agreed, but here is the kicker.. I'm 18 and my parents bought it for me.. so.. getting rid of it isn't really an option haha. Trust me I hate it when it rains.. I've tinted the windows and painted the calipers.. lets try some HIDs?

lll2for3lll 03-28-2011 11:12 PM

There is nothing wrong with a 4.7 RWD WK. There are a lot of RWD sports cars out there. I know the WK is a SUV but having all the torque in the rear isn't a bad thing. Look at the Viper.......

That 4.7 will haul serious ass even if it's RWD.

Now if you go with a lift on a RWD, at least it's good for ground clearance. I've seen RWD trucks with lifts go places I wouldn't dare go with my WK.

So don't let anyone say your RWD WK is useless. You can have a lot of fun with that thing.

4.whoa 03-29-2011 01:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jeeps definately don't need to be awd/4wd to be fun. My most fun jeeps are RWD. Dont get me wrong , I love my wk, but lets face it you cant smoke the tires on a non SRT / non boosted awd wk :(

Me hav'n fun in a RWD xj :D

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-29-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lll2for3lll (Post 384921)
There is nothing wrong with a 4.7 RWD WK. There are a lot of RWD sports cars out there. I know the WK is a SUV but having all the torque in the rear isn't a bad thing. Look at the Viper.......

That 4.7 will haul serious ass even if it's RWD.

Now if you go with a lift on a RWD, at least it's good for ground clearance. I've seen RWD trucks with lifts go places I wouldn't dare go with my WK.

So don't let anyone say your RWD WK is useless. You can have a lot of fun with that thing.

its because of the weight, i had one so i know about them. the thing is a sled LOL. i would lower it and do only on road mods or keep it stock until you can trade for a 4x4. where do you live? hopefully its the south......:thumbsup:

NikonKiem 03-29-2011 03:46 PM

Wait so how do U know if your Jeep is Rwd or Fwd?

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-29-2011 05:39 PM

they dont make fwd jeeps

NikonKiem 03-30-2011 02:08 PM

lol yeah I didnt think so, thats why I got confused

jasonjsl 03-30-2011 02:42 PM

listen folks, i have a rwd jeep 2005 4.7 wk. i bought it in vegas where you dont need 4x4. i have since moved to denver and wow...i need to figure out how to at least change out the geaing or whatever needs to happen so i have a locking diff. ive been looking into this for a summer project after the horrible winter driving i just experienced...your jeep is lighter than most being a rwd so essentially you will be faster than a 4x4 at least on dry pavement.lol. ill keep ya posted on what i come up with...

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-30-2011 02:50 PM

it will be easier to sell it and buy a 4x4. there are no advantages to rwd since they get the same MPGs. i learned my lesson on RWD SUVs lol

jasonjsl 03-30-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 385999)
it will be easier to sell it and buy a 4x4. there are no advantages to rwd since they get the same MPGs. i learned my lesson on RWD SUVs lol

how do you figure? from what im researching its fairly easy and inexpensive...im not looking to switch to full 4x4 rathur making it so both rear wheels spin or esd.cause as it stands now my rear passenger tire drives the entire car...