Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Missed the boat!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/missed-the-boat-20920.html)

ArmyRXP 03-28-2011 11:34 PM

Missed the boat!!

:(

Guess all the White Gold paint is gone and they don't have one sitting around. Congrats to all who went D1, will have to see what happens now.

Milous, can you check in on mine and see whats up with it? Talked to the wife last night and she is still planning on June delivery time if at all but seems like if we would have ordered our usual "Black" we probably would have it or in D1. Keeping fingers crossed they find a bucket of White Gold paint and get mine started. :confused:

chuck1801 03-29-2011 12:04 AM

Re: Missed the boat!!

I wonder how JGC orders are selected for build. There is probably a computer program that selects orders for production based on having all the parts including paint. I ordered my JGC Summit V6 Rugged Brown w/ORAII on 2/25/11 and it is now on a train.

jeep2011 03-29-2011 08:17 AM

Well depending on how badly you want the color and your location. There are (15) White Gold summits on cars.com for sale right now, (7) of which have the hemi.

ArmyRXP 03-30-2011 07:41 AM

Jeep2011,

Not going to have my wife drive over 150 miles by herself while I am deployed nor have a dealer get one that probably has been test drove. Just hard to sit here in Afgh. watching nothing happen and see ones ordered behind you go D1. Guessing they just forgot to paint one more.

swampass2 03-30-2011 07:58 AM

I was hoping to go D1 in the latest round and didn't. I'm wondering if it has more to do with the saddle interior. There was one Summit that went D1 on the 3/28 and his was ordered on 2/10. Looks like there were several black on black Overlands in the 3/28 D1 batch. Hopefully we'll get there soon! FWIW, I crunched some numbers from Milous' tracking page and it looks like Friday is the most popular day for going D1, so maybe Friday it'll happen!

Dan JGC 03-30-2011 09:48 AM

^^^ According to a Milous post, White Gold was released for ordering again now....perhaps because so many other colors went on restriction that they brought it back??? Dunno, but you can order it again now.

jgc4ever 03-30-2011 09:50 AM

I just saw a white gold wk2 yesterday driving around town; not a good color, in my opinion.

netcoolery 03-30-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgc4ever (Post 385754)
I just saw a white gold wk2 yesterday driving around town; not a good color, in my opinion.

It's funny - White Gold seems to be the most polarizing color. People seem to love it or hate it. I give Jeep full credit for getting the shades right though, because photos that I've seen with the Saddle/Black interior show the White Gold looking very sharp with it.

AAAA 03-30-2011 02:15 PM

I got the white gold because my wife would not let me get red. It is actually quite nicely metal flaked and definitely does not show dirt. (Frost interior, which does show dirt, but I knew that.)

Ruprickt 03-30-2011 03:27 PM

Yes, what determines build order? My dealer keeps telling me that since my car is a "sold" vehicle that it has priority status. It doesn't seem that way. I've ordered a Limited 4x4, 5.7, Tow IV, 730N RHR, Dark Charcoal/Black.

Ordered it from the dealer on 1/10/2011, Tow IV parts unavailable-order delayed
Actual order placed on 2/14 with manufacturer.
VIN number received on 2/18.
Limbo status since then. Any ideas?

SvenskaJeepGuy 03-30-2011 04:02 PM

just search the net, you will find one on a lot somewhere

earldharris 03-30-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by netcoolery (Post 385919)
It's funny - White Gold seems to be the most polarizing color. People seem to love it or hate it. I give Jeep full credit for getting the shades right though, because photos that I've seen with the Saddle/Black interior show the White Gold looking very sharp with it.

We saw a White Gold Summit (V6) when we were picking up our Rugged Brown Summit.
Although I had been afraid that the whole thing would be too washed out, it does not look too bad - the Saddle/Black actually does go well with the White Gold - the yellow in the paint complimenting the saddle dash.
Not my personal cup 'o tea, but better than it appears on the internet.