Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   New Jeep Day (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-jeep-day-20924.html)

djeep 03-29-2011 05:15 AM

New Jeep Day

I'm taking delivery of my Black w/ Saddle Overland V6 today. 25 days from placing my order, which I think is a record, at least from posters here. Got lucky, I guess. Thanks again to all for the invaluable information on this site. First impressions and pictures to follow. This is my first-ever Jeep. I am very excited.

patschamps2004 03-29-2011 06:04 AM

Re: New Jeep Day

Lucky lucky lucky.... mine is coming tomorrow or thurs. Ordered on jan 19....... my wife is quite sick of me constantly checking my status updates....

Sammzway 03-29-2011 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patschamps2004 (Post 385003)
Lucky lucky lucky.... mine is coming tomorrow or thurs. Ordered on jan 19....... my wife is quite sick of me constantly checking my status updates....

I've been searching all over the site on how to check status of your order. Help?

Cherodude 03-29-2011 07:23 AM

Good luck today djeep!

And Sammzway, to get Milous tracking of your order you need to become a JeepGarage site supporter (see banner ad near the top of any page; costs a few bucks), then PM the last 8 digits of your VIN to Milous.

Sammzway 03-29-2011 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherodude (Post 385020)
Good luck today djeep!

And Sammzway, to get Milous tracking of your order you need to become a JeepGarage site supporter (see banner ad near the top of any page; costs a few bucks), then PM the last 8 digits of your VIN to Milous.

Perfect!!! Thank you so much!! I'll get on it.

Update: Became a supporter. Thanks again.

Captain Slow 03-29-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djeep (Post 384997)
I'm taking delivery of my Black w/ Saddle Overland V6 today. 25 days from placing my order, which I think is a record, at least from posters here. Got lucky, I guess. Thanks again to all for the invaluable information on this site. First impressions and pictures to follow. This is my first-ever Jeep. I am very excited.

Congrats! I thought I was good with 28 days from order to delivery, and mine didn't have to get on a rail car! 25 days is very impressive.

netcoolery 03-29-2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patschamps2004 (Post 385003)

Yup - my wife is counting the days until my Summit arrives, just so I'll stop obsessing about it :)

Looks like she (and I) will be happier sometime this Saturday.

K9jackie 03-29-2011 11:09 AM

Congratulations! Post pictures :)

djeep 03-29-2011 12:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Took longer at dealership than expected. (What else is new?) I absolutely love this vehicle. Can't say enough about how awesome the ride is. Very smooth; very quiet. V6 plenty for me. Plugged in my iPod and the 730N RHR recognized it immediately. Dealership is only 4 miles away so I haven't had a chance to explore all the features. Nav map interface looks great to me. I'll check back with more impressions after I've had a chance to get used to my new Jeep. Sorry about picture quality...taken with phone.

Attachment 6256 Attachment 6257

Robey5 03-29-2011 01:15 PM

Sorry to hi-jack.

I too received "the call" today. Look like I will be picking the new ship up tomorrow!

K9jackie 03-29-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djeep (Post 385158)
Took longer at dealership than expected. (What else is new?) I absolutely love this vehicle. Can't say enough about how awesome the ride is. Very smooth; very quiet. V6 plenty for me. Plugged in my iPod and the 730N RHR recognized it immediately. Dealership is only 4 miles away so I haven't had a chance to explore all the features. Nav map interface looks great to me. I'll check back with more impressions after I've had a chance to get used to my new Jeep. Sorry about picture quality...taken with phone.

Attachment 6256 Attachment 6257

Cool! I picked mine up on saturday.... did yours come with a usb cable or did you use bluetooth for your ipod?

djeep 03-29-2011 01:57 PM

^^Mine did not come with an iPod cable. I think they only supplied those with the 730N RER. I had an extra one at home and I used that. My phone is a Blackberry, so I won't be playing music wirelessly.