Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   wk lift problem alignment (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/wk-lift-problem-alignment-21016.html)

mecano36 03-30-2011 11:18 AM

wk lift problem alignment

hello
I ask kit rough country of 2.5 and wheel but its not right, wrong, because you replace the balljoint false adjust the camber. you have this problem

grand cherokee 2005 5.7 hemi

blackpepper 03-30-2011 11:35 AM

Re: wk lift problem alignment

Get an alignment!

mecano36 03-30-2011 12:04 PM

I'm going to do it but it says that my camber is not adjustable .....
who has this kit and you've had problems aligning ...

did you change parts of Conduct

JeepCoop 03-30-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mecano36 (Post 385869)
I'm going to do it but it says that my camber is not adjustable .....
who has this kit and you've had problems aligning ...

did you change parts of Conduct

I've got the kit. No problems aligning at all. There's def no camber. But like Ryan said, get an alignment.

mecano36 03-30-2011 04:17 PM

good then I do not understand! I did wheel alignment worse but its still not right ... bad tire but wears poorly

mecano36 03-30-2011 04:46 PM

need helpppp

robpp 03-30-2011 04:58 PM

bring thios to alignment place.

CAMBER, CASTER AND TOE ADJUSTMENT
Camber and caster angle adjustments involve changing the position of the lower control arm with the slots in the frame brackets to move the lower control arm inwards or outwards for proper adjustment. This can be achieved by using a long pry bar with a curved tip and inserting the pry bar into the lower control arm frame brackets and prying inwards or outwards.

NOTE: Camber and caster adjustments must be made at the lower control arm. Do not use the upper control arm for Camber and Caster adjustments.

NOTE: When the lower control arm pivot bolts are loosened the lower control arm will normally go outwards automatically with the weight of the vehicle.

CASTER
Moving the rear position of the lower control arm at the frame in or out, will change the caster angle significantly and camber angle only slightly. To maintain the camber angle while adjusting caster, move the rear of the lower control arm in or out. Then move the front of the lower control arm slightly in the opposite direction.

CAMBER
Move both the front and rear of the lower control arm together in or out. This will change the camber angle significantly and caster angle slightly.

After adjustment is made tighten the lower control arm bolt & nuts to FRONT169 Nm (125 ft. lbs.) and the REAR 88 Nm (65 ft. lbs.).

TOE ADJUSTMENT

The wheel toe position adjustment is the final adjustment.

1. Start the engine and turn wheels both ways before straightening the wheels. Secure the steering wheel with the front wheels in the straight-ahead position.
2. Loosen the tie rod jam nuts (3).
NOTE: Each front wheel should be adjusted for one-half of the total toe position specification. This will ensure the steering wheel will be centered when the wheels are positioned straight-ahead.

3. Adjust the wheel toe position by turning the inner tie rod (4) as necessary.
4. Tighten the tie rod jam nut (3) to 75Nm (55 ft. lbs.).
5. Verify the specifications.
6. Turn off engine.

mecano36 03-30-2011 05:01 PM

great but I already watch too but I do not understand how. a photo of you for the procedure

robpp 03-30-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mecano36 (Post 386078)
great but I already watch too but I do not understand how. a photo of you for the procedure

am i trying to teach YOU to perform the alignment?

what good is a picture. its states very clearly that there are SLOTS in the lower control arms. So get out under your jeep and see if they are there. Thatrs all you need to know. Print the instructions and bring them to the place with the alignment rack! any COMPETENT auto tech that can read should be able to figure out the instructions.

mecano36 03-30-2011 05:23 PM

http://qyymhw.bay.livefilestore.com/...817.jpg?psid=1

mecano36 03-30-2011 05:25 PM

he turns up by the coach?