Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Serious Dealer issues with trailer harness install.

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DJ BoNiOmArIo 
#1 · (Edited)
See less See more
#3 ·
I really would hardly even trust just about any Jeep dealership to even wash my Grand Cherokee, much less work on it. Mine has been problem free so far, but I really fear that eventually I will have to have it in for something. Why are Jeep dealerships so incredibly bad as a whole ? I know there have to be some good ones somewhere. You should raise some serious trouble with them over this, it is completely unacceptable.

#4 ·
I am very wary of other people working on my car as well, unfortunately if I wanted to get the factory hitch added to my car, the wiring harness installation procedure that goes with the hitch has a call out to a computer procedure to restore vehicle configuration. I was not sure what this did so I ended up taking it to the dealer. Big mistake. Which is why sadly no matter how much improved Chrysler and Jeep get if the service techs working on modern cars and computers aren't properly trained, and held responsible for correctly following procedures on the work they do, it will ultimately result in a damaging reputation for all of their products. If there is any luck in this experience at all, I was going to have the TSB for the fuel tank done on the same day, but they said they couldn't preform the work due to too much fuel in the tank. Goodness only knows if the same tech had carried out that procedure, I am sure the thing would have been leaking fuel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.