Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Daytime Running Lights? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/daytime-running-lights-21040.html)

2liter 03-30-2011 08:10 PM

Daytime Running Lights?

Taking delivery of my new Overland tomorrow and first, would like to say that this forum is the best thing going. I've learned so much and appreciate all of the knowledge and experience that is shared here. Having said that, I know I read it somewhere, but can I turn off the day time running lights on my new ride? I think I read somewhere that I could remove a fuse, but I am hoping there is a switch somewhere? Thanks in advance guys.

J13ntv 03-30-2011 08:12 PM

Re: Daytime Running Lights?

No switch but Pop the hood and find a small fuse box about 2" x 3" on the left side engine bay just in front of hood strut. Pop the top and there are 4 square relays. Unplug the two on the right side. DRL's are disabled.

Nbtstatic 03-30-2011 08:14 PM

Yea, I did it first thing when I got home, takes 30 sec.

Pop the hood. Find small fuse box top 3''x2" left side engine bay just in front of hood strut. Pop top and there are 4 square plugin blocks. Unplug the two on the right side and you're done.

2liter 03-30-2011 08:19 PM

Thanks guys.

MikeD 03-30-2011 08:48 PM

So there is no way to disable the DRL's through the EVIC? In our M3 you can disable it in settings which is nice.

Bign1976 03-31-2011 08:20 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but the day time running lights aren't turned on on mine.

2011RitterGC 03-31-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeD (Post 386276)
So there is no way to disable the DRL's through the EVIC? In our M3 you can disable it in settings which is nice.

I thought you could. My M-B can turn them off (or on).

Deserthucker 03-31-2011 08:38 AM

Just curious, is there a reason for turning them off?

Ahujadaddy 03-31-2011 09:42 AM

In the overland you can turn them off with the dial i thought? As soon as you go Auto or to the parking lights the DRLs come on.

Anyone replace their DRL with Sylvania SilverStars? I know we got some here that went the VLED route. The SilverStars are only $10 though at Advance Auto for our DRL size bulb. Just wonder how much of a difference it would actually be. I'm looking for a nice white/almost blue hue.

*EDIT* : Nevermind, in the overland you can't completely turn off all of your lights at anytime with the dial. In the ' O ' postion (off) the DRLs are on. In ' A ' auto, the DRLs will be on unless the auto decides that its dark enough to turn your full HIDs on. The parking lights will turn your DRLs on. The last mode, Full On, will turn your HIDs on and DRLs off. This is all for while driving, not parked.

Greg7 03-31-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deserthucker (Post 386498)
Just curious, is there a reason for turning them off?

For me, I just don't like them, and who wants to look like a canadian. :D

AAAA 03-31-2011 10:32 AM

and you would want to do this because ...?

bcampion 02-13-2014 09:45 PM

I don't like DRLs when I am waiting and sitting in a dark parking lot in a less that good neighborhood,